Page 1 of 3
I didn’t see a post anywhere on the first page for this or when I searched, so I figured I would start a thread of my own!

What book are you currently reading? Or what was the most recent book that you have read? I myself have just started reading a book called Drylor The First Artifact. It is an Action/Fantasy book created by Ryan Tomasella. So far it is actually damn good, it is a story about a man that suffers amnesia and struggles to regain his memory. As his memory starts to come back to him he realizes that his brother is an evil S.o.b and he makes it his mission to stop him.

It seems like a fairly generic story line but the author makes it his own. There are tons of twists and turns in the story (mainly when the main character thinks he remembers something from his past he realizes that it was only an illusion that his brother wanted him to think was true.) I must say I am really impressed with this book, then again I read almost anything that involved sword and sorcery. Below is the cover of the book and what the back of the book reads.

(Invalid img)

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through
an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has
happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail
cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and
halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.
It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he
meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail
cell while deciding his destiny.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only
one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—
from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the
truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing
to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet
from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Von’s past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon
realizes the only way he can end his brother’s heartless
massacres is to find him and kill him.

The book is for sale through all major online retailers, so you can buy a copy from Amazon, Barnes and Nobles or any other book retailers. If you're too lazy to look it up then here is a link to the barnes and nobles website where you can place an order:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Drylor/Ryan-Tomasella/e/9781450299923/?itm=1&USRI=drylor+the+first+artifact#TABS
Nothing at the minute. Tempted to read Dracula again though.
George Bush autobiography
Pink Floyd biography
Divine Comedy
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
There's a literature thread. I just read Dorian Gray's Portrait by Oscar Wilde. Haven't picked up a new one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Dune. Taking it slow and enjoying it.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
I'm reading Kraken by China Miéville right now. Stalling, mostly, because House of Leaves is sitting on my bookshelf. Waiting for me.
Last book I read was Fahrenheit 451.
I'm torn between starting "The Journey Home" by Dermot Bolger, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King or Les Miserables by Victor Hugo next.
Quote by Kyose
Last book I read was Fahrenheit 451.
I'm torn between starting "The Journey Home" by Dermot Bolger, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King or Les Miserables by Victor Hugo next.

I did Fahrenheit in my "distopian future" phase, along with Brave New World and Nineteen Eighty-Four - they're all amazing.

At the moment I'm reading The Fourth Hand by John Irving, which is about TV news, hand transplants and American football.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

I was reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra, but it bored me.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
A few hours ago I just finished Clockwork Orange, a very good read.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I'm currently reading the Orwell reader. After I'm done I plan to start on either Kant's moral and political philosophy, Ivanhoe, or the Arrow of gold.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Currently reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I originally didn't expect much from it but I am finding it to be a very good read.
zapatista89 wrote:

you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.

Quote by Swannie
dammit we're the guitar players! why don't we have all the chicks?!
The Monk by Matthew Lewis, really enjoying it so far.
Call me Matthew.
I'm reading the Alchemist for english class:

And this for my own enjoyment. I quite like it so far.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.

About a world where black people are superior to white people. Told through the eyes of two young lovers who are white/black - which is totally against laws of society. It's both amazing, and depressing. Really makes you think about how lucky we were with the abolition of predudice against blacks (for the most part). Really well written, albeit for mid teens.
brave new world. im really liking it so far.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Suffrin
Currently reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I originally didn't expect much from it but I am finding it to be a very good read.

Very good book

I watched the film right after reading, and I wasn't impressed at all. I'd heard so much about how brilliant the film is, but I didn't really like it in comparison to the book. It seemed too light-hearted.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:

Not as good as the last John Green book I read, Looking for Alaska, but better than most things I've read recently
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Sorry but I get he impression that you want to seem intellectual :P
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Go Rin No Sho, really good read :-)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Nothing at the minute bogged down in writing about Paradise Lost and The Jew of Malta for uni. Need to get off the 'net and read for pleasure, much more rewarding. Next on my list is either The Innocent by Ian McEwan, or The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
this thread.

not reading any books atm, too busy with music and games.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Damn it, i was gonna say that, but i will anyway

Right now, im reading this thread, funny right?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Deliriumbassist
The Silmarillion. Gettin' mah orc on.

Came in here to post this pic, but you beat me to it

**** it, I will anyway.

I love this version. It's so nice to read.
Page 1 of 3