Hi, I just started a band with my friends and we are covering a few songs. I just wanted to know what scale is used for the solo in each song just in case I would need to know.

The songs are:
Medusa - Anthrax
We Rock - Dio
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica
Would? - Alice In Chains
Quote by Bazooka Knife
Hi, I just started a band with my friends and we are covering a few songs. I just wanted to know what scale is used for the solo in each song just in case I would need to know.

The songs are:
Medusa - Anthrax
We Rock - Dio
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica
Would? - Alice In Chains

Pentatonic.
All those songs use the major and minor scales. Some also use accidentals.

Now that you know this you can jam with all of them.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
why would you want to know though? to have some influence in your compositions or what?

anyways, lately, im just doing what marty friedman says in a video, just play the notes that sound good (that are part of the scales, so you do need to learn circle of fifths)
and then you can play with the modes, but you need to be careful playing with modes though

and to the actual question of the thread, i dont know
Quote by actaderock
why would you want to know though? to have some influence in your compositions or what?

anyways, lately, im just doing what marty friedman says in a video, just play the notes that sound good (that are part of the scales, so you do need to learn circle of fifths)
and then you can play with the modes, but you need to be careful playing with modes though

and to the actual question of the thread, i dont know

Yeah, for influence on my compositions and so that I can jam to the songs and kinda play with them. I had an idea of what scales they were, but I just wanted to double-check myself. We're doing a few more songs, but i could recognize their scales right away just from hearing them so much.

Thanks everyone for the help.