So I'm trying to find apartment...I'm looking at apartmentratings.com but there is always that one review that gets to me that makes me wary and I get even more picky. How reliable/subjective are some of these reviews? There will obviously be people who are unsatisfied but for every positive review there always seems like a negative one. What do you guys think? Should I take these reviews with a grain of salt or what?
Thing to note (and i assume you are looking to rent, not to buy) is that there are always will be people who don't like stuff. However, I noticed that it's only when there's something wrong with apartment, people actually bother to go online and write a review. If the place is great, there are usually no good reviews for it, cause there's no need of mentioning it.

Ask around, ask some friends, maybe they will know. I wouldn't rely on reviews, unless there are 5+ bad reviews in a row, then its a no-no
Last edited by SuperSlonik at May 3, 2011,
When it comes to places to live, visit them yourself. I'm sure that they'll show you one of the units if you went there asking.
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
Quote by Guppy_Odyssey
When it comes to places to live, visit them yourself. I'm sure that they'll show you one of the units if you went there asking.

Well that's given but when I read things about noise/bad maintenance/poor office staff I become hesitant. Maybe I'm just being too picky.