my friends and i were talking and came across hostage situations and how we would respond to them. they gave me the following situation; crazy criminal has a person hostage and is using the said hostage to try to manipulate you to get (insert demand here). you have gun they have hostage strapped with explosives. my initial course of action would be to eliminate the hostage and see how quickly they change their demands IF they still think they have any bargaining chips.

what would be yours? and who would the hostage have to be in order for you to actually submit to their demands.??
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
Wait, you'd kill the person you're trying to save? Also, in before every idiot says to shoot hostage through shoulder, hurr durr, I'd rather not cripple the person I'm trying to save. It'd depend largely on the demand, if he's asking for my McDonald's toy, its whatever, you know?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Give the guy what he wants. My personal belongings arn't more important than a persons life.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Quote by Wisthekiller
I shot an index card in half 3 times over the weekend (the cool way to where it's sideways and pretty much invisible from that angle) so I'd pretty confidently shoot the criminal.

Yes I am bragging, but it was hard to do

Why would you ever hold a firearm sideways? Only idiots who don't know how to shoot do that.
Well...depends on explosives strapped to the hostage. If only the "crazy criminal" guy can take them off, then I sure should do what he says.
Kombat Gear:

well, i've got a belly full of Mtn. Dew and a head full of COD, so i'd go on a crazy spree of hostage takers.

and it's not hard to get to me, any one of my family or friends really.

Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
          Vox Valvetronix VT20+
          Vox Wah
          Boss MD-2
          Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
          Boss EQ

Personally, it depends on the situation. Hostage situations are all about adapting, manipulating the situation, your environment and the hostage taker's mind.
          ❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
          Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at May 3, 2011,
          Quote by tayroar
          Why would you ever hold a firearm sideways? Only idiots who don't know how to shoot do that.

the index card was sideways, not the gun.
          Quote by guitarxo
          I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

the index card was sideways, not the gun.

Ohhhhh, I thought he thought he was gangster and it annoys me so damn much when people do that.
          Give them what they want then when he releases the hostage, see if I can shoot him
          So wait.

I have a gun.

I'm in shooting range of the guy holding a hostage.

And he just has a hostage?

1. Feign laying down gun. False sense of security/victory.
          2. As it touches the ground, shoot his foot.
          3. While he's still incoherent from pain, boom headshot.
          4. ???
          5. National hero.
          THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
          Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
          2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
          Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 3, 2011,
          Quote by Wisthekiller
          I shot an index card in half 3 times over the weekend (the cool way to where it's sideways and pretty much invisible from that angle) so I'd pretty confidently shoot the criminal.

Yes I am bragging, but it was hard to do

I'm not this good, but pretty good for a stepper. So I would shoot the hostage taker in the head before he can speak. Never negotiate, just act before shit gets worse.
          Quote by ethan_hanus
          I'm not this good, but pretty good for a stepper. So I would shoot the hostage taker in the head before he can speak. Never negotiate, just act before shit gets worse.

What if he's about to say "the bomb is a dead-switch; if you kill me, my hand will release the trigger, blowing you and your pal to kingdom come"?
          Quote by ABRfan
          What if he's about to say "the bomb is a dead-switch; if you kill me, my hand will release the trigger, blowing you and your pal to kingdom come"?

Now that depends on how far I am from him. Three feet? Ten feet? Nine yards?

Quote by tayroar
          Ohhhhh, I thought he thought he was gangster and it annoys me so damn much when people do that.

I hold my piece sideways, because I want to be like Dante from Devil May Cry franchise.

Hostages.. I'd do what I do in counter strike.
          Say goodnight to the world...
          "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. "

TURBO BASS get.
          Last.fm My Original Musics
          TS, I don't think you understand how hostage situations work. The hostage staying alive is key to the success of them. If you kill them, you'd be going to jail even longer than the person with the hostage would.
          Quote by necrosis1193
          So wait.

I have a gun.

I'm in shooting range of the guy holding a hostage.

And he just has a hostage?

1. Feign laying down gun. False sense of security/victory.
          2. As it touches the ground, shoot his foot.
          3. While he's still incoherent from pain, boom headshot.
          4. ???
          5. National hero.

I give that a 98% rate of probable failure if you're not SEAL Team 6, Bear Grylls, Chuck Norris, Stephen Seagall in a wetsuit or Jackson from Saving Private Ryan.
          ❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
          Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by ethan_hanus

God bless America.
          shoot the hostage in the leg.

speed
          Quote by Kumanji
          How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
          Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
          Nobody actually knows what they would do in this situation. Sure you can think about it, but that means jack shit when you are actually confronted with the situation, unless you've trained intensively for this type of situation.

It's like a thirteen year old with no driving experience saying "If a car backed out of a driveway and someone was on the other side of the street, I would...etc."

EDIT: Just read the OP more closely. What the hell is wrong with you?
          ^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
          Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 3, 2011,
          Don't give him anything. The guy doesn't really wanna harm the hostages. They are just a tool. If he ain't getting anything he doesn't have any reason to kill the hostages at all.

Worked for Mel Gibson once.

His interest is to keep the hostages alive as they are his only means to get anything out of the situation.
          sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
          Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 3, 2011,
          Quote by tayroar

They were talking about the card It's one of the more common trick shots people can do.

I suppose you think using a 9mm as a hammer means smacking nails with the gun frame.

That trick is actually shooting the head of nail with a bullet. That's what using a 9mm as a hammer is
          Gear
          Jackson DK2
          Ibanez RGR320EX
          Guild X82 Nova
          Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
          Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
          Quote by KirkMetallica
          I give that a 98% rate of probable failure if you're not SEAL Team 6, Bear Grylls, Chuck Norris, Stephen Seagall in a wetsuit or Jackson from Saving Private Ryan.

Good thing I'm all of the above.

Quote by tayroar

Nah, it was a rifle anyways so even if I did shoot with my pants down to my ankles (like the ever-so-white boy I am) while shooting sideways it'd be even worse. Breaking your wrist when you shoot a pistol sideways, I don't want to know about doing it with a rifle.
          Quote by KirkMetallica

FYI, there is no Navy Seal team six.

If the guys got a dead switch, then I will shot him in the head at the specific spot of his brain that controls his hand function so his hand will not release the trigger even after he is dead.

Nah, it was a rifle anyways so even if I did shoot with my pants down to my ankles (like the ever-so-white boy I am) while shooting sideways it'd be even worse. Breaking your wrist when you shoot a pistol sideways, I don't want to know about doing it with a rifle.

Refer to this video when the guy shoots the rifle using only two hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaV629VZzzA
          Last edited by ethan_hanus at May 3, 2011,
          Without reading the OP, I would say ending my thread titles with the proper punctuation.

EDIT:

Quote by Mrfussytabs
          my friends and i were talking and came across hostage situations and how we would respond to them. they gave me the following situation; crazy criminal has a person hostage and is using the said hostage to try to manipulate you to get (insert demand here). you have gun they have hostage strapped with explosives. my initial course of action would be to eliminate the hostage and see how quickly they change their demands IF they still think they have any bargaining chips.

what would be yours? and who would the hostage have to be in order for you to actually submit to their demands.??

You'd shoot the hostage? What? Seriously? Isn't that the exact opposite of what you're trying to accomplish here?

Quote by tayroar

The notecards were sideways, not the gun.
          Last edited by JustRooster at May 4, 2011,