hey all.
So I've always had this attitude, I can't play fast I'll just ignore that.
But I want to get it up to speed now.
because I came to Steve Vai and I suck at the fast parts of songs.
So really the best way.
Maybe some small things that are effortless but still lift my technique up many notches.
I've always been more of a legato guy mainly the sound but sometimes I'd like to just pick my ass off.
My fretting fingers are relativly fast but not super dragon awesome fire and ice super cool fast.
Practice with a metronome. Start off at a slow tempo that you can play it perfectly at and gradually speed up.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Practice with a metronome. Start off at a slow tempo that you can play it perfectly at and gradually speed up.

I don't know what I should practice, do you know anything?
Quote by liampje
I don't know what I should practice, do you know anything?

Any little segments of songs that you like that you have trouble with. Also take a look at John Petrucci's Rock Discipline instructional DVD. He covers alternate picking really well in it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.