Page 1 of 3
Basically, I had the idea to be homeless for a week during the summer. All of my friends that I've brought it up to love the idea, and the plan includes somewhere around six of us.

Basically, we'd go to the downtown area of the nearby city of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. None of us live there, but I used to, and I'm in the downtown pretty often, so I know it fairly well. I plan to include a rule that we can't spend money we brought with us unless it's an emergency. Seeing as a few of us are musicians, and two of us who are definitely going are fairly experienced playing guitar and singing, we figured we could busk for money. I know of a place I used to volunteer at in the area that provides a free meal every day, no questions asked, so that will be available if needed.

The way I see it, I think we should be able to bring our phones, but not use them while in public. They'd mainly just be to stay in touch with friends and, if needed, family, and should be saved for later in the night.

I wasn't sure as to what we should be allowed to bring. Extra clothes is likely, and possibly blankets and/or pillows. Either way, we'd only be able to bring what we could carry.

Also, does anybody know if you need a membership to use the shower at a YMCA? There's one in EC, but I don't really know how that works. It'd be nice if we could find somewhere to shower, but then again, if not, I guess we'll have to work with what we have available.

Anyways, has anyone here ever done anything similar? Have any input or advice?
$5 TS either gets raped or hooked on heroine. Or both.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

But seriously, either this goes one of two ways.

Awesome time and there's hi5's everywhere.

Or

Rape. Not giving, but receiving.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by StewieSwan
I'd call that "inner-city camping"

+1
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by Greenie_777
It will be boring and shit.
Tis part of the reason I plan to surround myself with the people I love. I'm only bringing friendly, entertaining people.
that's pretty cool! If you guys lived in New York I'd join you.

As for showers, is there a beach nearby? there are also those sprinklers in children's parks if you need them. Or you can be br00t4l and not shower for a week!

good luck
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Kensai
$5 TS either gets raped or hooked on heroine. Or both.
Heroin's expensive, broseph.
Quote by fearofthemark
that's pretty cool! If you guys lived in New York I'd join you.

As for showers, is there a beach nearby? there are also those sprinklers in children's parks if you need them. Or you can be br00t4l and not shower for a week!

good luck

Not unless he wants to bathe in Lake Michigan.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
That sounds sweeeeet! Get sponsored though, you could raise a load for real homeless people. I wouldnt just go out and be like 'yeh dude we're homeless for a week 4 teh lulz' as that might piss people off as it might appear to make a mockery of it, and you'd basically be abusing the volunteer meal thing for your amusement.

Think carefully about it.
Quote by herby190
For?

Being "homeless". It's illegal in most places.
Quote by herby190
Basically, I had the idea to be homeless for a week during the summer. All of my friends that I've brought it up to love the idea,

For real?
You know what the streets are like at night? It's not nice.
Be grateful you have warm blankets and pillows at home.

Just have a week long sleep over.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by robhc
Being "homeless". It's illegal in most places.
There are actually quite a few legit homeless people in the city. I don't know if there are any that are permanently there, but you see them all the time around there.
Why can't you go into the woods like a normal person and camp there? At least you can drink and build a fire there...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
"I went on the Shelter website the other day. I thought it was quite offensive that they have a homepage..." - A Comedian

Not my joke.... But utterly relevent.
Quote by StewieSwan
I'd call that "inner-city camping"

this.

TS, youre a douche
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I don't know it seems disrespectful. You may run into and start a conversation with an actual homeless guy and then he finds out you're only homeless for a week? Wonder what he'd feel.
how about you hitch hike for a week?

CHOOSING to be homeless in the inner-city for week is just asking to get jumped, mugged. i really wouldn't recommend doing it in the city. but do what you will.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
You should do it in a big city instead. Preferably one with a ghetto.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
I hate the homeless-
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Not unless he wants to bathe in Lake Michigan.

What i mean is that there are usually public showers near beaches.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by jimihendrix6699
CHOOSING to be homeless in the inner-city for week is just asking to get jumped, mugged. i really wouldn't recommend doing it in the city. but do what you will.
The downtown area of Eau Claire isn't really that bad. It's mostly just bars and small businesses; although some of the areas aren't the greatest, it's far from a ghetto. Besides, like I said, we'll be in a fairly large group.
Quote by fearofthemark

Well, you got yourself a point there.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by fearofthemark
That'd be quite useful, but no, there aren't any that I know of.
Quote by herby190
There are actually quite a few legit homeless people in the city. I don't know if there are any that are permanently there, but you see them all the time around there.

I think you'd be making fun of them. Those people don't choose to be homeless but you'll be parading around with instruments like it's all good.
oh, I've done something similar. I was actually homeless for two and a half years. that sure was an adventurous time!

edit: I think you will find kin among hippies and gutter punks who are, for lack of a better term, slumming it until they get sick of the scabies and lice and run back to their parents.
Last edited by MakinLattes at May 3, 2011,
Quote by demon.guitarist
That sounds sweeeeet! Get sponsored though, you could raise a load for real homeless people. I wouldnt just go out and be like 'yeh dude we're homeless for a week 4 teh lulz' as that might piss people off as it might appear to make a mockery of it, and you'd basically be abusing the volunteer meal thing for your amusement.

Think carefully about it.

This. Would actually mean there's a point to the whole idea.

Also, don't you need a permit to busk in most places? It may not be the same where you are, but from what I've heard of around here, you need one, and they'll cost you.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by MakinLattes
oh, I've done something similar. I was actually homeless for two and a half years. that sure was an adventurous time!

whoa, really? what happened?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by jimihendrix6699

In Eau Claire Wisconsin? Hell I don't think they have an, "inner city". Been there for hockey tournaments, it's a pretty nice city.

I knew a kid who did this in south Minneapolis, now that is a little scary. Ended up sleeping in a public park and eating a pigeon. Have fun TS.
Quote by metaldud536
I think you'd be making fun of them. Those people don't choose to be homeless but you'll be parading around with instruments like it's all good.
There are places in the city for them to go, and if it comes up, I'll do my best to direct them to where they can get help, if they're willing to. Like I said, there are places where people can eat for free, and I know there's a shelter in the area (I'd have to look it up to figure out exactly where).

Quote by MakinLattes
Really? What happened that you wound up homeless?
Quote by fearofthemark
whoa, really? what happened?

my mom got into an accident and couldn't work, we lost our apartment and started living in a van. tbh it wasn't that bad but a huge hassle especially in high school. cops were always harassing us.
Last edited by MakinLattes at May 3, 2011,
Sounds like some kind of MTV series or something
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive