The delay and reverb helps quite a bit, but he has a pretty good voice to start with so yeah.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Its a vocal technique called falsetto, or head voice. Its hard to explain but there is two voices. Your chest voice, which you use all the time and falsetto which is your 'child' voice or girl voice.

Just at first start by screaming like a girl or just hit a high note. It will be a little sketchy at first but eventually you will gain more control over this range. Next would be to work on your transition between both voices.

Just look up 'falsetto' lessons on youtube. There will surley be lots of stuff there.
It's not completely real. Live they cannot perform that song. I recall in a Jack Black interview that he really hates people who mime at concerts, but there's no other way to sing the song. It's meant as a bit of a joke anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8bmOSPDH0

Not real sorry

Great song though.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Gosh dang it! haha that sucks. Oh well I can still listen to it, it's so freakin awesome! I was hoping to be able to do that but whatever
Quote by corrda00
Its a vocal technique called falsetto, or head voice. Its hard to explain but there is two voices. Your chest voice, which you use all the time and falsetto which is your 'child' voice or girl voice.

Not quite.

You have two voices - your natural voice, and falsetto.

Your natural voice includes a blend of your chest voice and your head voice. For lower notes, it might be 80% chest voice and 20% head voice, and for high notes, it might be vice-versa.

Imagine a stereo speaker. The woofer and the tweeter individually sound awful. They are like your chest voice and head voice respectively, except it is actually impossible to create a note exclusively in your chest with no head resonance, or vice-versa.

Falsetto is what you get when you try to produce a note only in your head voice, with no chest resonance. And yes, for males, it is that "girly" voice that usually gets reserved for elves and singing ladybugs.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Jack Black is just awesome, that's why he can hit those notes....having the pick of destiny doesn't make it any harder...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by AlanHB
It's not completely real. Live they cannot perform that song. I recall in a Jack Black interview that he really hates people who mime at concerts, but there's no other way to sing the song. It's meant as a bit of a joke anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8bmOSPDH0

Not real sorry

Great song though.

Yeah, that would sound like shit if he tried to reproduce it live. I saw him try to do "Back in Black" live.... just no.
Dude, it's totally possible. Jack Black may not be able to do it, but that doesn't mean you can't. I've rocked out to that song with many a friend, and some parts are difficult, but not at all impossible. You just have to get good control of your voice. One of the best pieces of advice I heard was from one of the Singing Success people (I don't remember which): "Start light and right." You can get just absolutely stupid powerful notes, and really high powerful notes by using tiny little notes as a foundation. Work on your whole range. Sing mid-high and high head voice sounding notes really lightly, and just gradually add a little bite and volume as you get a good handle on them. It's all about smart, mindful singing when it comes to working on getting control.