Budget £300-£500

Okay I'm really stuck choosing a new amp and since the local guitar shop doesn't have many amps I can test out I was hoping you could give me some advice of what to look for in my budget. I like to play mostly heavy stuff, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, but I also like to play Metallica and stuff like that, I know for the budget I want get anywhere near their sounds but I would like an amp that will deliver a decent tone. I current have a Vypyr 30 with the Sanperra II but I feel like maybe moving on to tube. I have tested recently a Hughes and Kettner Attax 100 and for a Solid State sounded pretty sweet, just wondering any alternatives you guys can suggest?

My first thread so don't kill me!
Definitely look into a Bugera 333XL or 6260/6262 and a decent 2x12 cab, I have the 6260 with a Laney LX412A and it sounds monstrous :P
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
Definitely look into a Bugera 333XL or 6260/6262 and a decent 2x12 cab, I have the 6260 with a Laney LX412A and it sounds monstrous :P

Even the look of it monstrous :P

I like my friend!
Quote by Tom 1.0

Ah yes tom, that was going to be my rig before I got done over and got the bugera instead :P The ENGL with a boost will probably outclass the Bugera easily
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

I can't help but feel that 120W will be to loud for practising in my bedroom, gutted because I quite fancy the Bugera as well.
Nah it's alright for me, it actually sounds quite good at about 1 on the volume which is what I usually play at in my bedroom. Because it's a metal amp the majority, if not all of the gain is coming from the preamp which means you don't have to crank it as much as you would something like a plexi-styled amp to get a good tone. Also with 120w the clean headroom is absolutely insane.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by bret12303
I can't help but feel that 120W will be to loud for practising in my bedroom, gutted because I quite fancy the Bugera as well.

You can get the Bugera 6260/6262 as a combo if you really like it but the Peavey 6505 combo is better however the Bugera has better cleans apparently

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by blything09
You can get the Bugera 6260/6262 as a combo if you really like it but the Peavey 6505 combo is better however the Bugera has better cleans apparently

Ah yes that's a point, you can get a 6505 combo for like £450 or so brand new these days right? Although an older 5150 2x12 would be even better.
Quote by Cathbard