Sup pit, I'm sure some of you guys are also in IB. I just took the English A1 HL exam today (part 1) and I think I did amazing! I'll get the IB Diploma for sure. Now just History, Math, and Chinese left

This thread is also for anyone taking IB who has questions, or people who have taken IB in the past. Let's talk about IB!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
Let's talk about MIB!

Let's.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Took English HL today. Still have part 2 of that and German and Environmental Systems and AP exams on top of that
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Still in first year good luck with your exams if your doing them! Ive just done mocks and passed so im pretty happy with that

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You! Gooo You!
i think our equivalent is TEE. which i didn't do. i left school at 16 and did a diploma in multimedia instead of year 11 and 12. i started my bachelors this year (just turned 18 now). seems to be pretty cool.

also good luck bro and well done!
Everyone at my college thinks the IB kids are wankers. However, good luck to all cause I know it's a damned difficult thing to do
There's already a thread on this. But who cares?

I too just took my English HL Paper 1 test. I totally nailed the commentary on the poem.

What are the restrictions on talking about the test?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last year when I was a señor in high school, I had a really good IB English teacher and made a 6 on that. I was bad at Spanish and had a nice but incompetent chemistry teacher and I got my diploma. I think you'll get yours too. Good luck to everyone taking the IB exams!
*2007 join date crew*
*DIRTY SOUTH CREW*
*Goes to the strip club in basketball shorts crew*
*Reservations for the drive-thru crew*
*Swims with shoes on crew*
*6'4 5% striated crew*
Quote by rockingamer2
There's already a thread on this. But who cares?

I too just took my English HL Paper 1 test. I totally nailed the commentary on the poem.

What are the restrictions on talking about the test?

We can talk about it! I did the prose piece however. The poem seemed too boring
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I don't have to worry about IB exams for another 2 years! I'm already worried about my French exam though, I suck at French... bad. As proof, here are my midterm marks for the semester:
92%
90%
80%
66%
Guess which is French.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by fearofthemark
We can talk about it! I did the prose piece however. The poem seemed too boring

Was it this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_%28novel%29?

I can't write about prose very easily.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I took the Language A1 today too. I have Math SL, History HL, Chemistry SL, and Biology HL in addition to those. I hate Chemistry so goddamn much, it isn't even funny.
Does anyone know someone brave enough to take the Math HL test?

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2

I took math HL when I did my IB in 2008. It wasn't so bad, although I had to study quite a few subjects by myself, because there was only one other guy doing Math HL. It worked out fine, but there were a lot of questions considering how short the exams were.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Last edited by keinerniemand at May 3, 2011,
Did IB last year, got a score of 29. Provided that I didn't do any work and I did HL maths, I think I did alright...
Quote by rockingamer2
Was it this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_%28novel%29?

I can't write about prose very easily.

Yeah, that was it. I like writing about poetry more, but this prose was easy because of all the sexual imagery.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by rockingamer2

I will next year, not going towards the diploma, though
I'm on track to take them Junior and Senior year, but being a Freshman they obviously aren't offered to me yet. Not sure if I'll just do some IB or get the whole thing, but any advice from you guys?
Quote by cornmancer
I'm on track to take them Junior and Senior year, but being a Freshman they obviously aren't offered to me yet. Not sure if I'll just do some IB or get the whole thing, but any advice from you guys?

A lot of American Universities don't accept as many IB credits as they do AP, so keep that in mind. If I was going to do it all over again I would've taken more AP classes than I did so I could go into Uni with more credit hours
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by cornmancer

Definitely take IB English both years and IB Theory of Knowledge.

I learned a lot in IB English, though that might be because the regular English classes at my school are pretty "meh." Also, my Senior IB English teacher is awesome, which is doubly awesome when my class is abnormally small.

IB ToK is a great class if you like "out there" thinking. It might get tedious, but I like it. Most people read the phrase "discussion based class" and take it, but end up hating it. I mean, lets face it, this sort of thing is better suited to college students than high schoolers with a bunch of other things to worry about (especially if you're full IB).

Yeah, in the US, AP is more recognized. But the level of classes you're taking will contribute to your college prospects. Also, the Extended Essay (Full IB only) is good practice for college level essays.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by suckmahnuts
A lot of American Universities don't accept as many IB credits as they do AP, so keep that in mind. If I was going to do it all over again I would've taken more AP classes than I did so I could go into Uni with more credit hours

Yeah, it wasn't really my choice, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Quote by cornmancer

Don't procestinate too much on CAS if you do it. This summer I have a ton of that to get done.
Learn to bs things, if you get something and can get away with not doing it well, don't do it. Minimal effort needed is best. The people who can't do that go crazy, they're so stressed it's unbelievable.
Take about one weekend a month to review things, an hour or two max. I wish I'd done this, especially on math.

If you do those things it isn't as people make it sound
I am IB, therefore I BS.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I barely got my CAS hours done

AP might give you better college credits, but all the work you do for IB will prepare you better for the workload in college itself. APs don't do Extended Essays or TOK essays, so they're not as prepared for huge assignments like we are.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I made this thread

Anyways, super pumped for Math HL this afternoon. This exam is what makes it or breaks it for me in terms of uni acceptance.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by solo_freak

Winner.

On a related note, todays paper was pretty difficult, but things can only get better from now.

I have my math one paper today!
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22