I've have heard a lot of good things about these amps, and I have heard a lot of bad things about it. It seems like I haven't heard any okay things, just extreme's on both sides.

What do you guys think about the Line 6 Spider series?

And this is my first thread so calm yo self.
DUDE

...too far...
To put it blunty... (except spider valves)

They suck!

People that say they good are just trying to justify there shitty purchase.
HD147 - Great.

Valve - Good.

SS ones - Shit. Beyond bad, awful. If they were human they would be Hitler.

/thread.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ Pretty much that. The HD147 is a decent amp, especially if you know how to dial in a tone. The Valve is a little less than good, it's better than the SS for sure but still not something I'd buy. However, the SS Spider was something I did buy, and it was horrible. I remember thinking it was the best thing ever when I first got it, but after I started playing good gear and getting to know good tone, I realized just how bad it really was. So I sold it.

Do not ever get a Solid State Spider TS. You can get way better amps in that price range (the Peavey Vypyr for one, I'm looking at getting one as a practice amp actually.)
They're great amps. The distortion is downright insane, and you can dial in thousands of tones with all of the effects and gain levels.

It may be hard to believe, but I actually don't work at Line 6, nor am I trying to sell these amps!!!!!
I pride myself on my humility.
Jesus christ these threads have been going on for years. I have no clue why they haven't added a locked sticky for the MG and spider amps.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
I'm guessing the only good things you heard are from a minimum wage employee at Guitar Center?
Spiders suck. But not you spider-bro, you're cool.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by mtshark
They're great amps. The distortion is downright insane, and you can dial in thousands of tones with all of the effects and gain levels.

It may be hard to believe, but I actually don't work at Line 6, nor am I trying to sell these amps!!!!!

You actually work as a test subject for the pharmaceutical industry don't you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have owned several spyder amps the original 65 watt 1x12 combo, the spyder II hd 150, and the SVHD 100. so from an owning stand point they are good amps, not great but good. They will work great when you are alone( tone wise), but for some reasonthey seem to get lost in the mix alot. I wish I still had my 65 watt( for practice). So I will never "bash" Line 6, but from a long time L6 user, they realy are good amps. So the first thing you must under stand is no a spyder will never sound like what it is modeling(the spyder valve will do better) but the tones that you can pull out of it are close. I have heard that the VOX , Mustang,Vyper are better but I can not say for sure because I have not played them all. So if you need a practice amp go for it, if you need a good sounding Gigable amp I would look for another amp, maybe the Spyder Valve, but I'd go another route honestly.
The distortion on that amp sucks like no other. I hated the crunch channel and the metal channel isnt to great either. A lot of people starting out like the insane channel to start out but when you begin to eq to amp and really set in a tone you like you begin to find its impossible. The clean channel is alright i suppose but really isnt too great, though much better than the other channels. The effects suck. The only useful one I found was the delay on it and honestly it turned me off of using effects for a long time until I began to try stomboxes and whatnot.

For small moddling amps my favorites are the valvetronics and the vypyr. The Vox valvetronics sounds good for pretty much anything but metal, I didnt find the distorition on it to be impressive at all. The vypyr got much better distortion sounds and pretty decent cleans but it definitly shoots for metal.