I just can't seem to loosen the string lock screw. I'm using the Allen wrench keys that came with my guitar as well. But it just won't budge. Any idea what I can do? BTW mine's the Floyd Rose bridge where the screw is under the fine tuning keys if it makes any difference. I remember loosening it before but I completely forgot how I did it
It's a bitch but you might not be using the hex key correctly. Short end into the screw, long end for leverage. Or you may have screwed it in too tight and stripped the head. I don't know. You should see a repair guy at guitar center.
Lefty loosey rightey tightey?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Yeah I'm trying but it doesn't budge. I used several different Allen wrenches too. I also tried to unscrew the others but those didn't budge either :|
Is the wrench just spinning around in the head of the screw or will the thing not budge at all?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by scarhawk
I think it's just spinning. But I tried like 3 or 4 different keys...

The head could be stripped, unscrew it carefully with some needle nosed pliers.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Ok so I just got it off and put my string on and everything but I accidentally put my my High e string on counter clockwise instead of clock wise lol. Is that OK?
Quote by scarhawk
Ok so I just got it off and put my string on and everything but I accidentally put my my High e string on counter clockwise instead of clock wise lol. Is that OK?

I won't hurt anything, you'll just have to remember that it's backwards, so when you tune up it'll go down.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Just so you know for future reference, the locking nut uses 3mm Allen head wrenches, as does the pivot post on the temolo and the string locks. The saddles use a 2.5mm wrench.

They make a tool called a trem tool, which is just two allen heard screws put together that you can stick on the headstock of your guitar. They also have a tool called a roadie wrench that is basically a an all-in-one guitar multi tool. Buy one and keep it in your case.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.