Sooooo it has been a really long time since I have been on these forums. School and work take away all of my free time anymore but I just got a nice week off from work so I thought I would come here and catch up. What better way to do that than with a new guitar?

Introducing: The Martin DX1AE

Body:

Headstock

Soundhole:

Yes, it is a Mexican Martin, but you really have to sit down with this one the next time you are up at the guitar shop. It will absolutely blow you away with the sound quality.

This is my first dreadnaught guitar (coming from a parlor-sized Yamaha FS720S) and also my first semi-solid. The feel of the guitar is amazing and actually fits me a much more comfortably because of my height.

When I first started playing it at the store I didn't know it was an acoustic electric until one of the sales guys pointed it out which I that was very cool. It has the Fishman Sonitone pickup hidden inside the soundhole with a volume/tone dial which I liked because it was simple and didn't need to fine-tune a whole EQ.

Unplugged the guitar sounded like a true $2000 American Martin, it actually blew me away how good it sounded. Nice smooth lows with balanced highs that aren't too chimey.

Plugged in I was also very impressed. I plugged it into a Bose L1 and while I wasnt sure on how the PA was EQ'd but it still sounded very natural and clear. I noticed the highs really start to shine with the tone dial on about 5 but even on 0 it doesn't have that muddy presence.

All in all I am extremely in love with it and I am sure I will be keeping it in my arsenel for a long time.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
congrats - enjoy your new guitar.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks for the congrats guys!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE