I play death metal, and I write lots of good single riffs in the same key, but I always have trouble making things fit together and getting tempo changes down. I also have a problem of falling into the same song structure every time a write a song. It usually has a slow doomy intro, and goes into a fast blast beat part and has a verse and chorus. Most of the bands that I like don't stick to a certain song structure, and I want to be like them. I guess you could say I am having problems with creativity? I'm not sure but can anyone help?
My songs don't take much influence from core; I usually try to stay away from breakdowns but I have 1 or 2.
all songs have structure, and all songs have form. trust me. if they didn't, they'd just sound like noise.

make sure you realize that there's a lot more to writing a good song than digging your hand into a bag of riffs, pulling a few out, and stitching a few together.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
heres the trick, listen to more music. not just the same bands and style, otherwise you will fall into the same things over and over. you may not notice these problems in your favorite bands, but you will multiply the pitfalls of the genre or genres you listen to on a regular basis, if you aren't pulling influences from other forms.

remember no one ever made new sounding music by studying only one specific genre.....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Quote by krypticguitar87
heres the trick, listen to more music. not just the same bands and style, otherwise you will fall into the same things over and over. you may not notice these problems in your favorite bands, but you will multiply the pitfalls of the genre or genres you listen to on a regular basis, if you aren't pulling influences from other forms.

remember no one ever made new sounding music by studying only one specific genre.....

that's right, you could even listen to bandsthat influenced the bands of the genre you want to play.

and as AeolianWolf said don't try to fit together good riffs like if they were a jiggsaw, you could take a riff and work it. imagine how the song would be, sing the melody or the rythm and then you can record it or just remember it, to then play it on guitar, durms or whatever you like.