Yo, i've been searching for website(s) that have large amounts of 'audio samples', mainly i'm looking for vocal samples, people talking about science/everything humans talk about etc. I've tried google but it doesn't seem to find what i want.

So please, The Pit, could you direct me too some non-copyrighted materials of sounddddd?

Peace!
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
lol yeah

youtube
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
haha. geezus! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!? I guess i am stupid.
THREADend
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
p.s, i was being genuinly sincere, haha
He's gonna make tracks with morphed talking in it, like on the new Linkin Park album I guess.

Should we hijack the topic and give it another subject?
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
the first few seconds of surfing with the alien
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Hijack attempt: Do you listen to rare groove?

No I don't ;o
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by hriday_hazarika
FreeSound.org has tons of samples.

All of it's under a Creative Commons license.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

I was coming in here to say that.
Yeah-Is it true that you you can only sample ten seconds worth of audio in a song, and no more?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by coco-loco
Yeah-Is it true that you you can only sample ten seconds worth of audio in a song, and no more?

No. You can sample whatever the original artist (or whoever owns the rights to the song) will let you.

But the stuff on Freesound is Creative Commons, meaning that the people who made these samples and loops and field recordings (among numerous other things) give you permission to use them however you please as long as you give them credit for it. Well, the various CC licenses vary, but that's how it works on there.
Wow that's actually really helpful to know thanks-So how would you get around borrowing audio from, say, a film? (Sorry, this stuff interests me haha)
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by Hebriqui
He's gonna make tracks with morphed talking in it, like on the new Linkin Park album I guess.

Should we hijack the topic and give it another subject?

you mean like the symphony of science project.

http://youtu.be/9Cd36WJ79z4
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by coco-loco
Wow that's actually really helpful to know thanks-So how would you get around borrowing audio from, say, a film? (Sorry, this stuff interests me haha)

No idea. I think you'd have to contact the studio, and then you'd have to pay royalties. I'd Google it.

It really sucks how hard it is to do, because movie quotes are awesome to use in music. Skinny Puppy taught me this.

But technically speaking, you're safe as long as you don't sell the music, even if you're not authorized to use the samples, because nobody's really gonna know.
Quote by Holy Katana
No idea. I think you'd have to contact the studio, and then you'd have to pay royalties. I'd Google it.

It really sucks how hard it is to do, because movie quotes are awesome to use in music. Skinny Puppy taught me this.

But technically speaking, you're safe as long as you don't sell the music, even if you're not authorized to use the samples, because nobody's really gonna know.

Yeah, I know haha. But yeah, it does suck, and I'm guessing that you'd have to pay mega-bucks as well cause they're so greedy and whatnot haha. Yeah it's funny, recently I've got into Skinny Puppy, and I've noticed that they cample tons of audio. In fact, (I'm not a massive fan) I think I can recall

"Scared?"
"I'm not scared"
"Then what are you?"

Most of my bands do it, and I sampled audio from TV and film on my old MP3's on this site which I recently deleted, but yeah, unauthorized ones haha.
Quote by slash_GNR666