So, Im replacing my 4x12 with some wgs speaker, very good price, sound pretty darned good. Now I have a few in mind, and I will probably end up mixing two different speakers. I would like to keep the focus on the retro 30, Veteran 30, the British lead (whatever it is called) and the hm12-75 (whatever its called). Im looking for a smooth lead tone, that still maintains some bite, im leaning towards the retro 30s right now with the Vets, but I want to make sure that Im going to be happy, and since I have no way of trying them obviously, I bring this to you all. Recomend what you think would suit. Amp and gear are in sig, I would like to keep it within the wgs family but if you think something similarly priced will do me more justice, feel free to recomend it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
If this is realy the tone you want go with the V30 clones with the hm75 in an x pattern, but personaly I'd go with the Et65's they are a clone of the Celestion 12 65(awsome speakers for rock)
Alright, I was thinking that. The 12 65 did cross my mind, but the clips turned me off to it. perhaps a second look is in order.
the 12 65 is the only celestion I'd ever trade my eminence speakers for, but from what I've heard the WGS guys used to work at Eminence
Id heard that, and I like eminence, so there ya go haha. Im going to definitely investigate this. The description made it sound more geared towards traditional rock, which is why I was worried.
yhea and thats what eminence has said about the Lynch Super V12 and it will pull brutal metal and not break a sweat
Quote by dementiacaptain
Id heard that, and I like eminence, so there ya go haha. Im going to definitely investigate this. The description made it sound more geared towards traditional rock, which is why I was worried.

PUNK_____,Hard_____,Classic_____, Alternative_____, Indie______ all of these end in ROCK I know metal desent, nethar does Jazz and Blues, But they are all based on Jazz/Blues
Needless to say whats right for you may not be right for everybody, hope you sort it out, and let us know what you decide and hook us up with a review!