well to be blunt you just wont be able to learn it if you cant hear it, try to focus more on the whats going on the background is pretty much all i can tell you to do, if you simply cant tell whats going on (i can hear it pretty clearly but that comes with using your ears more and more) then you might as well get tabs. dont think of yourself as failing to learn the song by ear because you couldnt get one part, it comes with practice so just keep using your ears and im sure coming back to the song in like a month or so you'll totally hear it
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
you can also look for live versions of the songs to help you as well.... depending on where the mics recording the audio are in the audience or even on stage, the mix changes.... not to mention the live mix for songs is typically different than the mix used in the studio. at least thats what I use when I can't hear a particular part....

plus this is a pretty well known band so it shouldn't bee too difficult to find live footage of it, just make sure you don't cheat and watch the guitarist....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.