This isn't the worst possible thing that could happen but I mean come on... I spent $200 hard earned dollars..

He sent me a lefty ****ing nut, so im getting a "synthesizer" type note, like that middle eastern string instrument that you hear in mario 64 on every open string

he also sent me a gold plated bridge,the backplate was in perfect condition, every saddle however, looked like it was a piece of brass that someone had taken a torch to and deliberately ****ed up

and the sperzel tuners... I was foolish enough to use the screws that came with it, and two of them broke off inside my headstock, goddamnit.

and the ****ing jackplate didnt even include screws, so I had to use the stripped screws from my old one..FUCK

You'd think they would have their shit together with how many orders they've served, no matter how small the business.

anyone else gotten boned like this from a "reputable" gear/accessories website?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at May 3, 2011,
Never had any issues, I've made 2 orders, with a 3rd coming soon. I'm getting some hardware for my '51, hope it comes out better than that.

The GFS professional pickups are amazing. I've got a set of 52's in my tele and they sound phenomenal. I like GFS parts for upgrading my cheap squiers. I wouldn't put their stuff on my MIA strat...
GFS screws are cheap, had one break in their straplocks. I don't know what happened to you though....pictures?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I was thinking I should add pictures, but I was too frustrated that so many things went wrong.
but basically as the screw was 3/4 turns away from being flush, the philips head of it just broke off
and everything else

The pickups are great though, no doubting that
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Haven't had a problem with the hardware itself but you do have to read the description carefully to find out if it includes screws or not. I will say the support guy's kind of a bum when it comes to answering questions, I asked if a certain bridge would fit and he gave me a definate yes, 3 different bridge styles later he sent the right one. Worked in the end but it was a pain.
Never had a problem. And he's always been helpful.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
I can't complain about any orders I've received from them, they were all fine. I will note though that I've never had tuners that came with screws that didn't break. Gotoh is somewhat notorious for this. If you drill the correct size pilot hole and lube it with soap or candle wax it all works fine without breakage. Come on, you are torquing a tiny steel screw into hard maple. Its not like they make the screws out of HSS or cobalt or something...

I would definitely send the bridge back though...
there s a reason why the best hardware is over 100 bucks for a small part like tonepros. seems like a ripoff.

people always underestimate the imporatance of metal QUALITY, not metal TYPE. steel doesnt matter. there are hundreds of kinds. ever wonder why expensive screws in home depot are that much more expensive? or why some knives are stupidly expensive when you can get a POS one for 10 bucks some places?

i personally would buy thier cables are straps, etc, pickups, posisbly even some effects. i love thier tuner. but i personally would not buy hardware from them.
Quote by ikey_
there s a reason why the best hardware is over 100 bucks for a small part like tonepros. seems like a ripoff.

people always underestimate the imporatance of metal QUALITY, not metal TYPE. steel doesnt matter. there are hundreds of kinds. ever wonder why expensive screws in home depot are that much more expensive? or why some knives are stupidly expensive when you can get a POS one for 10 bucks some places?

i personally would buy thier cables are straps, etc, pickups, posisbly even some effects. i love thier tuner. but i personally would not buy hardware from them.

The best hard is over a hundred bucks because it has a brand name on it...why do you think gibson and fender can charge so much for their products? Its called marketing, but then again some cheap stuff is just cheap...gotta do your research ladies and gentlemen.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
i know I had ready good review about everything I ordered,
The one thing that really cheeses me is the saddles, they look so bad, anyone with eyes could tell theyre not worthy of sending to a paying customer, and I ordered the most expensive trem for a mim, $45 gold one
- Carl Sagan
My experiences with GFS have been fairly good, though I once got lefty tuners for some reason. Note to self: Don't order tuners that come lefty.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
The best hard is over a hundred bucks because it has a brand name on it...why do you think gibson and fender can charge so much for their products? Its called marketing, but then again some cheap stuff is just cheap...gotta do your research ladies and gentlemen.

ya if you buy like gibson or fender branded stuff...

i don't think tonepros is that big of a brandname?

hardware is important and it's expensive.

hipshot isn't a super duper brandname and they barely market but their bridges are close to 200-300 dollars...

and worth every penny.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by ikey_

^THIS Not only does steel have different carbon content or other alloys, tempering and hardening all make a difference. Is it through hardened or just case hardened? High carbon? More ferrous?

Take a cheap wrench from Harbor Freight and watch it bend or snap... get a similar but much more expensive tool from Mac and try to bend or break it... 1040, 1060, 9260, etc etc different Rockwell hardnesses, etc...
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya if you buy like gibson or fender branded stuff...

i don't think tonepros is that big of a brandname?

hardware is important and it's expensive.

hipshot isn't a super duper brandname and they barely market but their bridges are close to 200-300 dollars...

and worth every penny.

Those hipshot bridges look mighty sexy.

I just appreciate GFS trying to be affordable...at those prices you can't really expect the highest quality...ad their descriptions mislead yoou a bit aha
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
Those hipshot bridges look mighty sexy.

I just appreciate GFS trying to be affordable...at those prices you can't really expect the highest quality...ad their descriptions mislead yoou a bit aha

your an idiot, they either are false advertising or not
you disagree... why call him an idiot?
- Carl Sagan
no but really its true. anybody who works with tools or in fabrication will tell you. the other day i bought a 78 peice wrench/screwdriver set for 10.00. for that i had to have it for random fix ups around my college house. however, they are all POS tools. all metal though.

comparatively, 1 screwdriver of a quality make could be 2x that.

and any knife maker will tell you. the most expensive part over all parts, woods, inlays, finishes, etc. is the blade. probably by 2-3x more than any other cost. if it isnt, then its a shitty knife. its also the reason why quality cooking knives are 200+ a peice.

reducing metal quality is a VERY easy way to reduce costs without the consumer knowing, cause they dont know better. to the extreme, people remove metal entirely (like bugera putting plastic collared input jacks on thier amps). i mean, i own one cause i dont have 1000+ for a boutique amp. but its fairly obvious.
well cliff jacks are plastic for isolation but ya they come in metal insert nut and plastic insert nut varieties.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
yeah I've known that cheap metal isnt worth buying... you buy some shitty forks or handlebars and actually ride bmx with them, theyll break in a week or less.

I was talking about saying they completely false advertise, theyre not really saying it's something it isnt
- Carl Sagan
Quote by tele-a-holic
your an idiot, they either are false advertising or not

Do they actually lst the grade pf steel they use? Most of their prroducts don't, so technically its not false advertising...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Sitar, dumbass.
You can be as heavy as you want in standard. RIP Dime, Shreddin' in heaven.
Keep Shredding
thats the goddamn word shitthead, thanks for the heads up shitface
- Carl Sagan
I thought about it, I was so pissed... But im sure it would be a week for him to reply about a refund.. then another week to reply after that, then id have to go two weeks without a bridge
- Carl Sagan
I don't really understand how the nut would cause your guitar to sound like a sitar. Or that there were lefty nuts. I was under the impression you buy your nut then measure and file it to fit then cut the string slots to proper width and depth etc. That's how it's been for me anyway..
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
it was a pre-slotted nut, and if you can imagine how the strings are at an angle behind the nut, that side was facing towards the neck, so the strings were only making contact with the tip of the angle the slot was cut at, causing nasty harmonics
- Carl Sagan