Yaaaaooo everyone..

So I just played my first open mic tonight and I forgot a solid verse out of each of the 3 songs I did even though I've played them all countless times. I wasn't nervous at all being up there bc I've performed comedy in front of crowds before but I guess my mind just went blank halfway through each one lol

It was def fun to get up on stage though and play in front of a crowd tho

You guys have any stories of your first time playing for a crowd?
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
i was insanley out of tune. only knew about 1/2 the songs. monitors were wayyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo loud and all scrambled together

BUT it was fun
I was a little rattled by a drunk who wanted to borrow my spare guitar (MIA SSS Strat).

Then the main guitar (Squier HH Strat) freaked me out, cause I had never played it loud with those pups before and I found out the hard way the bridge had gone microphonic. Lots of feedback/squeal between songs, but nothing the volume control couldn't handle.

Finally, I couldn't get used to the tone because I was playing an MFX straight into the house PA, but didn't have the speaker compensation switched on.

Still held it all together fairly well, all things considered. Took a long time to get where I wouldn't mess up a few things on a song or two. For a while it was really important for me to use the same gear and get the same tone, but now it's more important to be able to hear myself over the drums and vocals. Now I can plug into other folks amps at open jams without it messing me up. And now the MIA is my main guitar and I don't even bother with a spare for open mics or jams.
my first show was at a party. it was my friends band but he called me onstage after there guitarist didnt show up. we ended up doing a bunch of metallica covers lol.
Quote by Thexbert
i was insanley out of tune. only knew about 1/2 the songs. monitors were wayyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo loud and all scrambled together

BUT it was fun

Oh yeah, I learned the hard way that if I tuned up right after bringing the guitar out of the cold, it would be about 1/4 step out of tune by the time my turn came around, so now I find a place to inconspicuously tune up while I'm next in line. Playing out of tune threw me off more than anything else.