Page 1 of 2
I just watched Benjamin Button and even though I had thought of this before, that movie revived my interest.

We're all going to die one way or another, and even though we're all young now and death seems like it's thousands of years away, it won't be long coming. I thought the same thing with exams, they seem like they're ages away, then you suddenly you find yourself a few weeks away from them.

What are the Pit's thoughts on death?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Death makes for a great subject in metal songs.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Not really. I'll deal with death the same way I deal with everything else; that is, wait until the last minute to deal with it.

I just hope I die in a dignified manner, as opposed to something like Elvis.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at May 3, 2011,
About my deathbed...I assume I'll die reading a book, or doing something in the garden while being very alone. Or if I did have a wife, I assume she would have died years ago.
I'm not going to be on a deathbed, I'll make sure of that. If I am going to die, it is going to be sudden and hopefully in the face of an unimaginable force or power.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
All I can say is that I hope it's comfortable.

I think it's time we blow this scene
Get everybody and the stuff together
Okay
Let's jam

BLAAAAAAAM THIS CRAP
Quote by DonGlover
I'm not going to be on a deathbed, I'll make sure of that. If I am going to die, it is going to be sudden and hopefully in the face of an unimaginable force or power.

Like dying of a heart attack while destroying Rihanna?
Bertolt Bretcht

Well, I thought about this today and realized death is a scary thing. It's one of the few things the human race will never really know about, in the sense of what happens when you pass on. So I figured I'm going to go out in a very glorious manner, like sky diving naked without a parachute into a public place, or something like that.
I think the question is: how would you like to die or how would you like your deathbed.

In that case, I'd really like to die like Forrest's mother did in "Forrest Gump". Calmly, surrounded by his beloved people, in this case Forrest. With enough time to say goodbye. That'd be nice

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Woah, Osama would have found a gold mine for suicide bombers on UG
Bertolt Bretcht

I don't know how and when, but I hope that by then I will be satisfied with the life I had. If so, then I'll die knowing I did my part, if not, then I be crushed by regrets.

I'm okay with both.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
I imagine it will be a lot like a mexican stand off.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I just hope I die in a dignified manner, as opposed to something like Elvis.

At least he had the heart attack on the toilet, so when he voided his bowels there was no need for cleanup.

Convenience br0
Quote by Twist of fate
Convenience br0

...Or you could just die at someone's funeral. Its a 2 for 1 deal.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by KirkMetallica
Like dying of a heart attack while destroying Rihanna?

I was thinking more like descending into a pool of plasma, but your idea would be great too and it would allow me to have the viking funeral that I wanted as well.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm going to live forever and ever.

This.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by DonGlover
I was thinking more like descending into a pool of plasma, but your idea would be great too and it would allow me to have the viking funeral that I wanted as well.

Viking Funeral... **** yeah.
Bertolt Bretcht

Don't really plan on the whole "deathbed" thing. When I turn 60 I'm going on a world-wide base jumping tour for years and years until I finally get a dud chute.
To quote Muse, "it scares the hell out of me, when the end is all I can see." I bet I'll come to terms with it by the time if finally happens, though.
I think about this all the time. whether theres an afterlife or not I just want to lay back and think about all the love I've given and received, try not to dwell on times I did wrong or was wronged and accept that I'm going wherever all that came before me went. and I'll try to appreciate that as much as I want to live another day that I had a great run and a better life than the majority of people in the world and it's history.
#DTWD
I actually think about it a lot. Probably more than I should. All I hope is that I go out in a blaze of glory.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I've always imagined my death as the result of something like a car crash, maybe drowning. I'm scared as **** about drowning. Or maybe I'll just end up getting stabbed during a mugging, and lie there on the cold hard ground with no one beside me, and nothing to greet me but a slow, painful, death. Weird, but I'd like to go out like that. Goodbyes suck.

Or ya know, trying something awesome like catapulting myself over the golden gate bridge.
Last edited by geanes at May 4, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Knowing the majority of the pit, I assume they would die in utter fear of knowing that there is nothing for them after death.

Me, I know where I'm going when I die, and I'll die a happy man.

You're happy that you're going into the ground to rot? You're one fucked up dude.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I want to die on stage, Dimebag Darrel style.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I won't die on a bed and don't ever intend to waste away hooked up to some machine. I'd probably kill myself before that happened. Which I honestly think is how I will die. Just not until I've lived my life the way I want to.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by ethan_hanus
Knowing the majority of the pit, I assume they would die in utter fear of knowing that there is nothing for them after death.

Me, I know where I'm going when I die, and I'll die a happy man.

On topic, see my sig.
My dad died earlier today. I guess it was yesterday looking at the current time. He was surrounded by his kids and grand kids. That's how I want to go. Love you forever dad.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
My dad died earlier today. I guess it was yesterday looking at the current time. He was surrounded by his kids and grand kids. That's how I want to go. Love you forever dad.
As far as death goes, that sounds as good as it gets. My condolences, by the way.
To answer the question in OP, I'm probably going to end up killing myself at some point. Just for the fact that I want to die on my own terms, and I don't feel like going through all of that shit where my loved ones watch me suffer.
I also plan to leave behind a long detailed note to explain that I don't want any one to feel bad or anything about my death. I want them to know that I felt it was the best option for not only myself, but also for them.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I'm probably going to end up killing myself at some point.
I think most teenagers think this at some point in their life. As for sticking with it...

Quote by Jackal58

My condolences. I can't imagine losing my dad..
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Page 1 of 2