I have an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty and it has three humbuckers on it. I was looking to replace at least two maybe all three if I can afford it. The only problem is I don't know which pickups to choose. I really like that Avenged Sevenfold sound and I was looking at alot of different Duncan ones but I'm confused. Any help or suggestions would be more than welcome, thanks.
Quote by chadreed32
As far as Duncans go a JB or an Invader would do fine.

Ya I was looking at an Invader for the neck pickup because I saw that's what synster uses in his guitar but I had heard alot of mixed reviews about them so I wasn't sure if it was a good move.
Personally I would only get an invader as a bridge pickup. You could get a Jazz (don't be fooled by the name) for the neck, yet if you're only going for a solid metal tone it might not be what you're looking for. But its up to you what you think sounds good or not.
Where's Waldo?
Personally I would only get an invader as a bridge pickup. You could get a Jazz (don't be fooled by the name) for the neck, yet if you're only going for a solid metal tone it might not be what you're looking for. But its up to you what you think sounds good or not.[/QUOTe

I'm not sure about the Jazz pickup because I am pretty much only wanting a metal sound, but thanks alot for the tip about the invader. I'm definitely getting it, THanks alot for your help.
Quote by chadreed32
Personally I would only get an invader as a bridge pickup. You could get a Jazz (don't be fooled by the name) for the neck, yet if you're only going for a solid metal tone it might not be what you're looking for. But its up to you what you think sounds good or not.[/QUOTe

I'm not sure about the Jazz pickup because I am pretty much only wanting a metal sound, but thanks alot for the tip about the invader. I'm definitely getting it, THanks alot for your help.

THats why he said "dont be fooled by the nam"....
SD jazz pickups put out a GREAT metal tone.