Sometimes, I click the ads for shits and giggles.

Does UG get money when I just click the ad or when I actually buy something from the other site?

If it's the former, I'll click more ads.
I believe some are. Of course, they aren't going to tell you since encouraging people to click on ads goes against most ad companies TOS's
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Sometimes, I click the ads for shits and giggles.

... Rly?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
i'm pretty sure they get money from the advertiser for every time someone visits a page on the website, regardless of if you click it.

Edit:the website being UG, of course.
Last edited by justin_brodie at May 4, 2011,
When a friend of mine got sponsored by google, they paid him per click on an ad. However, as we started to click a thousand times in a row, they stopped the funding.
Quote by gztuitui
I think some are. Of course, they aren't heading to inform you given that encouraging individuals to click on advertisements goes towards most advertisement corporations TOS's
Pearl Necklace

Oh man, irony at its finest.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by gztuitui
I think some are. Of course, they aren't heading to inform you given that encouraging individuals to click on advertisements goes towards most advertisement corporations TOS's
Pearl Necklace

*reported*
Quote by Fivebretz
Why do you post in that purple font?

Quote by Fivebretz
It's incredibly annoying and hard to read

You, sir, have answered your own question.