I'm looking for that extra boost. I play in a metal/hardcore band and I'm looking for a warm distortion and I've played with the TS808 and it sounds amazing, but I've heard great things from the OCD fulltone as well. What do you guys think?
I use a Maxon OD808 (which is basically the TS808)
What amp are you probably going to be using it with though?
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
way huge green rhino
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
If you want something more along the lines of a distortion, grabbing the OCD is perfect for that. If you just want a really warm overdrive for solos and such, an 808 is much more ideal.

For metal and all things ending in-core, I'd say that you should go with the OCD
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
I'm running a 6505 out of mesa 4x12.
I just want a tight warm sound. Not too bright.
The TS is the right choice then. The 6505 is a bit finnicky when it comes to overdrives, but the TS is ALWAYS a good choice.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
i have a ts9 and a ocd. i use the ocd for the rhythm boost because it can do a ts9 type boost, or on the HP it has a bit more push, so thats why i like it for the rhythm. i use them both for both sounds. I generally use the OCD when im outdoors tho, that could just be a coincidence, it seems to sound better than the ts9 when im outside.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify