Hi in 3 or 4 weeks ill have about 1300 Australian dollars and I want to upgrade my crap rig, ATM I have a squire HSS strat, a 15w Frontman practice amp a ds1 and a vox wah.
My qustion is what should I upgrade first and maybe some suggestions, I play pop/punk/rock kinda stuff like the living end, RHCP, offspring etc.
Any and all help greatly appreciated.
cheers Mick

EDIT: I'm beginning to see a pattern...

EDIT EDIT: thanks steven seagull/mark the vox looks like the go
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
Last edited by strait jacket at May 4, 2011,
The amp, simple as!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
go with an amp. your tastes will decide WHAT amp you want. you could probably get a decent tube amp and have money left over for a couple stompboxes depending on what amp you get, but thats on you.
Definitely an amp man!!!! Try get something similar to what frusciante uses. I can't remember his exact setup, but i know he uses a ds-1. If you can't afford what amp he uses, getsomething very similar. Your gat should be fine. But obviously start saving for a nice fender!!!
+1 on the amp!
For that price you could probably get an alright tube amp if you wanted. Especially if you import, although be wary as shipping cost can be a killer.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by smokedhamtaro
Definitely an amp man!!!! Try get something similar to what frusciante uses. I can't remember his exact setup, but i know he uses a ds-1. If you can't afford what amp he uses, getsomething very similar. Your gat should be fine. But obviously start saving for a nice fender!!!

Not going to happen on that budget... And yes he has a ds-1 on his board, but frusciantes sound comes from a lot of pedals.
RIP Gooze

cats
Start with a decent amp, and maybe an OD to replace the DS-1. A Classic 30 with a tubescreamer or something would work.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
I know that you get shafted for gear prices in Australia, and apparently you also get shafted on web design...basically you've got two routes to go down, you either go for a modeller if you're still unsure of the sound you want, still want a lot of variety and effects to play with. Or if you're firmly in the rock/hard rock camp and want something that's designed for those tones you go for a tube amp that fits the bill. Despite the atrociousness of some othe websites here's a few you should be trying....

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/peavey/index.htm

If you want a great rock amp that can be pushed into heavier tones then the Peavey Classic 30 would be a good choice

Also the Jet City JCA20 http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/12211/jet-city-guitar-amplifier-head-and-cab-ministack/

Don't be fooled by the low wattages of the tube amps, they're damn loud!

If you want a modeller then the Peavey Vypyr 75 and the Vox Valvetronix 50w are the one's I'd be looking at
http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/11123/vox-guitar-amplifier-valvetronix-50w-combo/
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com