a songs bpm? i don't know how to practice with my metronome if i dont have the bpm.
set it so the clicks match up with the snare drum - that often works.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Does your metronome have tap tempo? If so..just tap that along with the tempo of the song and it should be right on.
If it doesn't...do you have anything else that has tap tempo that will give you the bpm? Such as a recording software of sorts?
If above fails, google tap tempo online or something along those lines..I am convinced you'll be able to score something that's probably free online.

If all of this fails...if it's just one song..post which one and someone here might be able to help you out.
Quote by Shor
Does your metronome have tap tempo? If so..just tap that along with the tempo of the song and it should be right on.
If it doesn't...do you have anything else that has tap tempo that will give you the bpm? Such as a recording software of sorts?
If above fails, google tap tempo online or something along those lines..I am convinced you'll be able to score something that's probably free online.

If all of this fails...if it's just one song..post which one and someone here might be able to help you out.

it has tap.
I believe you've answered your own question there .
Alternatively, just pick a bpm and see if it's too slow or too fast. If it's too slow, make the bpm higher, if it's too fast, lower the bpm and just repeat that process until you've got the right bpm.
Best option is tap tempo (as long as you are accurate...). If that is not an option you can try counting how many beats are in 15 seconds and multiplt by 4... Should be close enough
I usually just count beats for a minute while watching my timer on my phone. I find it more accurate and easier than using the tap thing on my metronome.

If it's a really fast song, count for 30 seconds and multiply by two.
Use your ear... you only realistically need 1 beat per measure to figure it out. Find a subdivision of a measure "any will work, but picking the first beat will be easiest" Then find a slow BPM that hits on that same subdivision every time. Then you have a base point to scale up the speed accordingly. Depending on when you want the metronome to hit. For example it can hit on 1, 2, 4, 8 beats per measure. Hell you could crank the speed all the way up so it hits on every 64th subdivision if you really wanted too, or you can slow it way down to where it only hits on that one beat every other meausure.

All you have to do is find the pulse of the song.

Or you can use the tap function on your metronome... or google it.
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Alright thanks guys, maybe you guys could help me one more time?
I tried doing it on the RHCP song "I could have lied", maybe one of you could confirm the bpm or if I was close? I got 141.
Confirm it yourself for god's sake, play the song to the metronome, if it sounds right then good if not it's wrong.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.