Are Randall amps very reliable? I know they're made in china, but i've never had the pleasure of playing one or owning one. I'd like to know if i buy one if its going to live past 5 months lol

If you all can help in answering this, thanks.
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at May 4, 2011,
an old bandmate of mine has been using a randall rm100 mts head since they first came out, he has not had any problems, and its been years!
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Had mine for about 5 months now. No problems whatsoever, they sound pretty nice too (considering mine is a solid state randall). The only problem i've had with mine so far is the volume knob, if you turn it just A BIT the volume will increase dramatically. Not that big a problem considering how great it sounds and seems to be very reliable. Its not the kind of amp that might explode or have something crazy happen to it

Not everything that's made in China is bad, you know (yes, i live there).
I had a Randall RH300 G3 amp for a couple of years and I've only recently sold it. The sound from that amp was great and I managed to get it for a reasonable price online as well! =) It all really depends on what type of music you plan on playing through the amp tho - I was playing mainly metal/hard rock stuff. My advice would be to try a few guitar amps out at local guitar shops first before you buy. Hope this helps!
Quote by electro_chyld
I had a Randall RH300 G3 amp for a couple of years and I've only recently sold it. The sound from that amp was great and I managed to get it for a reasonable price online as well! =) It all really depends on what type of music you plan on playing through the amp tho - I was playing mainly metal/hard rock stuff. My advice would be to try a few guitar amps out at local guitar shops first before you buy. Hope this helps!

Ya i know, i tried the RT100h out at a Guitar Center about 2 months ago, it was a really good amp head. It seemed to be able to pull off nearly every tone i wanted. BUT, i didnt know if it was going to crap out of me after 5 months or so. I might go back and try it out, and compare to others
Quote by 350EX
Had mine for about 5 months now. No problems whatsoever, they sound pretty nice too (considering mine is a solid state randall). The only problem i've had with mine so far is the volume knob, if you turn it just A BIT the volume will increase dramatically. Not that big a problem considering how great it sounds and seems to be very reliable. Its not the kind of amp that might explode or have something crazy happen to it

Not everything that's made in China is bad, you know (yes, i live there).

LOL, im sorry, i didnt mean to offend you or something. Its just that everyone hates on Amps out of china...IDK why, they just do...and it seems like Randall gets ALOT of hate because of that...tho, personally i loved the RT100h, every review i've read says something along the lines of "Made in China, so theres bound to be problems down the road"

*thats why i posted this thread*
Yeah i understand, i guess for some products thats true. I guess they just get the bad rep because of the amount of fake stuff like guitars that are everywhere online, and not everyone has actually been to China so ppl assume everything's fake there. Surprisingly, all the guitar stores i've been to hear all sell real guitars and amps. Got mah Ibanez RG and Randall from there, all real