Joey Jordison? I mean really, he is a amazing drummer. I have seen him with Slipknot and he was incredible, why all the hate?
He plays in Slipknot. Its cool to hate on them and its members. Jealousy etc.

I think he's pretty good.
RIP Tom Searle.
He's definitely a good metal drummer, no doubts there.
Though he's not THE BEST EVER, as lots of fans seem to think. He's a little unoriginal and uninspired sometimes but he fits well in the band, but he's certainly fast and accurate.

If I'm ever in the mood to hate on Slipknot, I'd much rather have a go at Corey. I cannot stand that man.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by MrWeenie
He's definitely a good metal drummer, no doubts there.
Though he's not THE BEST EVER, as lots of fans seem to think. He's a little unoriginal and uninspired sometimes but he fits well in the band, but he's certainly fast and accurate.

If I'm ever in the mood to hate on Slipknot, I'd much rather have a go at Corey. I cannot stand that man.

I'd much rather have a go at the guys in the band who do 'percussion'...
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
I'd much rather have a go at the guys in the band who do 'percussion'...

They also do backing vocals, just saying.
Corey is worth more to the band than 'percussion' and backing vocals combined.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
Corey is worth more to the band than 'percussion' and backing vocals combined.

That's true, but any lead singer would be.
I just hate his voice, and how he acts on stage. Also, Omega by Stone Sour is just infuriating.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Joey is a great drummer, but imo he's kinda "holding back" in Slipknot. I mean, have you heard the song he did for Roadrunner United? (Annihilation by the hands of god), he's does an incredible job on that song. I'm just saying, why doesn't he do that kind of drumming in Slipknot, i don't hate him, but as i said, for me it feels like he's holding back a lot.
He's good but sometimes he's just too fast and repetitive. There's a drum solo on I think it's the Subliminal CD and it's pretty boring.
People hate him just because fanboys claim he's the best drummer ever when all he does is fast yet musically quite basic stuff unlike some of the more progressive drummers like Portnoy, Gavin Harrison, Danny Carey, and Neil Peart
Plus a lot of people hate Slipknot because they're mainstream nu metal
Joey is literally the perfect drummer for the band. Pretty much every part he's ever played has been exactly what the song needs. If people say that he sucks then they're... wrong, essentially.

That said, he is definitely not the best drummer ever, (and there are many metal drummers that are far better) and is overrated A LOT by newbz.
Last edited by Steve08 at May 4, 2011,
Joey Jordison is like Travis Barker to me, musically very good at what they do. But it's because they play in famous bands that are seriously repetitive that there's not much room for anything else because it's not "Drum based" stuff, it's more focusing on the vocals and the guitars. The drums are just there to help keep everything together. Like Super Glue, not amazingly great but it gets the job done.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
hes a fantastic drummer,alot like charlie benante from anthrax who i dont think gets enough props,joey just happens to be in one of the most popular metal bands these days hence why people like to hate on him.
Quote by Steve08
Joey is literally the perfect drummer for the band. Pretty much every part he's ever played has been exactly what the song needs. If people say that he sucks then they're... wrong, essentially.

That said, he is definitely not the best drummer ever, (and there are many metal drummers that are far better) and is overrated A LOT by newbz.

This.

I love his playing on the first album.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by MH400
He plays in Slipknot. Its cool to hate on them and its members. Jealousy etc.

You can sometimes shut up the extremely elitist grind-crowd if you remind them that three Slipknot guys (Grey, Root and Jordison) were in Anal Blast.
Yeah man it's pretty funny Andy Rehfeldt uploaded it last year to youtube.. he has some hilarious ones turning Bieber into metal, Cannibal Corpse into jazz etc.. here is his youtube channel

Andy Rehfeldt Metal Parodies
Most good drummers will recognize him as a good drummer but he is far from the best. When slipknot was still new and shocking to the audience everybody who wasn't a real drummer was thinking that these guys had the best drummers in the history of the world and this generated a bit of resentment from the people who know that although good, they certainly were not some of the greats. As the shock wore off and slipknot was just another band, all the people that raved about the drummers before remembered that real drummers would say that they aren't THAT good which to your average metalhead translates to "they suck!" So when the new generation of drummer moved in they all came with this idea that for some reason slipknot drummers were all horrible, up to and including Joey Jordison.

It's basic sociology really... If you make too hot too quick you run out of fuel and burn out.
Not taking any online orders.