I was just looking around and noticed that the only high end jackson guitar that isnt sig that has a fixed bridge is the RR5. And the only put fixed bridges on the low end guitars. Why is that? Id certainly like to see a good high end kelly without a FR. and custom shop is EXPENSIVE!
SLS3 is also fixed bridge. Really like how it looks and it's specs, impossible to find one in a store to try out tho.

It is annoying I'm not a big floyd rose guy myself.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
I've actually written a few topics on here about this. I'm a almost pure hardtail player and some brands are off my buy list because the higher end ones (or anything where they start being playable) is where they just put one in everything.
You have the RR1T and the SL2HT. Both are hardtails - altough I would rather have a Fender style fixed bridge or trem than a TOM-bridge.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
I would rather have a Fender style fixed bridge or trem than a TOM-bridge.

just curious, what's your reasoning for that. I love tune-o-matic bridges.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Agreed, I wanted one of their King V's in a fixed bridge, and the only one they do sell with a fixed bridge doesn't have the "king v" look that I wanted
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by whyze250f
just curious, what's your reasoning for that. I love tune-o-matic bridges.

A couple of things; I want to be able to adjust individual string height, string-thru and TOM means that with too much neck-angle (which I've seen more often than not, with strings touching the back of the bridge), the angle and pressure on the bridge will be too high leading to more string-breakage, it feels better and I also think it looks a lot better, a TOM on a Strat/Soloist just doesn't look right.

EDIT: I just don't see why anyone would want a TOM-bridge on any guitar with a flat top.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at May 4, 2011,
I have a disdain for trem bridges. Found out the hard way what it's like to own a guitar with one. Love my guitar but the trem is such a stain to me.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Almost every shape Jackson makes has a fixed bridge variant, high end and low end. If you think they don't do fixed bridges, you must not have looked at all. The only guitar I can't find by them in a high end fixed bridge variant is the Kelly and the Warrior (which really isn't a high end guitar anyway).

There are fixed bridge Rhoads, King Vs and Soloists.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 4, 2011,
I personally think they need to start making some more lefty models, they make 1 Dinky, 1 Soloist and a $2500 Rhoads V in lefty, that's it. o_o I'm a trem guy myself, but...I'd REALLY like a KE3 in lefty...xD Is it that hard to make a lefty guitar? I know they're machine-made for the most part, but still. o_o
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
As stated, you can get hardtails of most high end jacksons.

Also, really jacksons are aimed for metal were trems are quite common. Its like gibson, rare to see a gibson with a tremolo, most have ToM because thats their market.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Offworld92
Almost every shape Jackson makes has a fixed bridge variant, high end and low end. If you think they don't do fixed bridges, you must not have looked at all. The only guitar I can't find by them in a high end fixed bridge variant is the Kelly and the Warrior (which really isn't a high end guitar anyway).

There are fixed bridge Rhoads, King Vs and Soloists.

Sure there are, but when you're looking for one of these(except in black, no cheesy dragon design)

and the string thru alternative looks like this

It's not exactly the same thing

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

2nd one looks better imo

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
2nd one looks better imo

Ditto.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Minus the dragon artwork, the first one, IMO, looks better. I just don't like the headstock and prefer the stabby Jackson classic one haha. But yeah, I hear you. If they made a hardtail S series, I would not have even thought about the S with the ZR I have now. Even though I love it, I don't make enough use of the trem to warrant the extra hassle of dealing with it. Plus, the fixed bridges Ibby makes are some of my favs as I'm not a fan of TOM bridges. That said, you can always tremol-no it or straight block it if you really love the guitar that much and then just forget about the bar. You'll end up with a rather stable double-locking fixed bridge guitar on the bright side.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Tom 1.0
2nd one looks better imo

I wasn't saying one was better than the other, I was saying that they look like different models.

Besides, if I paid for a king v from jackson, I'd want the king v look. The second one looks okay, but I want some shark fin inlays with the original headstock. It looks like a Carvin to me If I wanted a Carvin, I'd get one
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51