I have a behringer pmh 2000 that I use for a live pa. But is there some way I can connect it to my computer with a recording software and use it that way? Btw what is a good easy to use software?
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
u can connect it to ur computers microphone jack and u can u simple ones like garageband or audacity to record
Quote by mattchoignr
u can connect it to ur computers microphone jack and u can u simple ones like garageband or audacity to record

Wow.
Ok I was thinking that you could connect it to the microphone jack but I wasn't sure. Anyone disagree?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
You want to connect it to a line in if you can. Microphone inputs look for a lot lower signal and different impedance. Make sure you're going line out from that powered mixer too.
Did you read the manual? It says it has a "recording output". That might be useful. Just keep in mind that you don't want to use any output that's connected to an amp.

I would advise getting some kind of interface to use with it, or better yet, instead of it.
Ok well I know it can definitely record but my next question is: how do I go about doing that? What cables do I need for the recording output?

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
the ones with the right connections to hook to what you have...

find some cables with the end that plugs into the recording out on your mixer. find one with the other end that fits into the line input on your computer. that second one is probably a 1/8" stereo jack.

now, lets get on to the next thing. will it sound good? and do you care? your mix is only going to output a stereo track, so you will have to pre-mix everything using your mixer. this is fine for rough takes, but usually sucks for getting anything close to professional sounding (unless you really know what you are doing). plus, the line input on your soundcard isnt really meant for recording high quality audio. sure you can record one thing at a time with your setup to get a better sound that you can mix later, but at that point you might as well just go for a single channel interface (or dual if you want stereo) and use that instead.