Hey, i know some might say this belongs in the gaming thread - but bare with me.

As most will know, getting KOTOR1&2 to work on a pc can be a nightmare, some get lucky - the majority don't.

So i've been thinking of picking up the very first xbox (none 360) and buying the KOTOR games for that.

Would anyone be able to tell me whether the console versions of the games have the same problems as the pc? Or are they relatively smooth in comparison?

And does anyone know where i can buy a first generation xbox for less than 30 pounds?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
KOTORs work on the 360 so just do that.....oh and I guess E-bay
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by mreed1990
KOTORs work on the 360 so just do that.....oh and I guess E-bay

I've read a fair few times that on the 360 it is less reliable than the generic xbox, my only concern is just that i'd never use the console again other than for these games - just a little cautious on blowing the cash on something that won't work
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
I've read a fair few times that on the 360 it is less reliable than the generic xbox, my only concern is just that i'd never use the console again other than for these games - just a little cautious on blowing the cash on something that won't work

I have both KOTORs and I played them on my 360 fine. Well, mostly fine there was the odd frame rate issue now and then. Original Xbox is the way to go, it is not only a game console but a home defense device. You can throw it at a burglar due to it massive weight and awesome size.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Yeah, I've played both games on both PC and xbox, and the xbox versions run beautifully and with no problems.
Quote by Anthony1991

As most will know, getting KOTOR1&2 to work on a pc can be a nightmare, some get lucky - the majority don't.

Its true some systems have problems running it but not the majority. There are also varying fixes out there which are easy enough to install.