Page 1 of 3
So I just got my new 15" MacBook Pro and want to start some gaming. My old laptop sucked balls, so I'm pretty ignorant about gaming. I have bootcamp, so PC games are fine as well. These are my specs:

Processor:
2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

RAM:
4GB 1333MHz

HDD:
750GB 5400-rpm1 HDD

Graphics cards:
AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5

What games should I get? Thanks!

I'm up for any genre, just gimme your favorites.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Fallout/Oblivion series.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Fallout/Oblivion series.

truth

especially the old ones
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Fallout>Elder Scrolls. Fact of course.

what do you guys think about Crysis 2?

Thanks, by the way. Elder Scrolls and Fallout seem great. I've played Portal before, but I'm not that into it

A game I love, by the way, is Bulletstorm. It's one of the only FPSs that I really like.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Fallout is awesome. So is Assassins Creed (2 and brotherhood). I played these on PS3, but guess they are the same on PC.
Quote by HarvesterofPain
Shogun 2: Total War is worth checking out if you're into that.

i heard about that this morning. what's the gameplay like?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Scarmadillo
League of Legends, if you're into MMOs at all.

This. LoL is a really good DotA-type game.

Also you should check out Witcher 2 when it comes out in about two weeks.
Kombat Gear:

How much did you pay for that laptop? Seems like it's rather powerful for being a laptop.
          Quote by fearofthemark
          what do you guys think about Crysis 2?

Thanks, by the way. Elder Scrolls and Fallout seem great. I've played Portal before, but I'm not that into it

A game I love, by the way, is Bulletstorm. It's one of the only FPSs that I really like.

Being a die hard Crysis fan, i was very disappointed by Crysis 2. Too CoD like. It was a big step down imho. If you can get Crysis and it runs, its a far better game
          MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
          Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
          Quote by Sherlock_Bones
          I actually double checked to see if that's what I'd typed

lulz
          Quote by GisleAune
          How much did you pay for that laptop? Seems like it's rather powerful for being a laptop.

way too much

It's a mac, so I had to pay the extra "Apple tax" that comes with it, but a lot of the money came from my birthday/graduation, so it' wasn't TOO bad.

I think it was 2k with the student discount.

edit: to everyone else, I also love those games where you can just **** around and explore the city, climb the highest buildings, etc.
          Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by GisleAune

Seeing as it's a Mac, he probably had to get a loan.
          Quote by leony03
          Being a die hard Crysis fan, i was very disappointed by Crysis 2. Too CoD like. It was a big step down imho. If you can get Crysis and it runs, its a far better game

ahh, thanks a bunch. I'm not a big fan of those army FPS games.
          Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I just got Team Fortress 2, and that's mighty addictive, I'd recommend it!
          Ego inflating praise here:
          Quote by Fishyesque
          That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
          Quote by fearofthemark
          way too much

It's a mac, so I had to pay the extra "Apple tax" that comes with it, but a lot of the money came from my birthday/graduation, so it' wasn't TOO bad.

edit: to everyone else, I also love those games where you can just **** around and explore the city, climb the highest buildings, etc.

It's probably allright if you wanted to pay the 1000$ apple-tax. Found a -- so to speak -- top notch laptop 15" for 1200$

As for the edit, isn't Just Cause such a game?
          Last edited by GisleAune at May 4, 2011,
          Quote by fearofthemark
          way too much

Definitely Assassin's Creed (...) and maybe GTA IV, cause it's really fun
          Quote by fearofthemark

lol minecraft. There's nothing better than building the city from scratch!
          Quote by fearofthemark
          way too much

JUST.CAUSE.2.
          Quote by nottinoob
          JUST.CAUSE.2.

THIS it's amazing
          Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
          Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
          Quote by mrdada
          lol minecraft. There's nothing better than building the city from scratch!

the graphics piss me off though

Quote by GisleAune
          It's probably allright if you wanted to pay the 1000$ apple-tax. Found a -- so to speak -- top notch laptop 15" for 1200$

As for the edit, isn't Just Cause such a game?

Yeah, I'm happy with it because I know I'll have it for years and that if something happens, apple will fix it for free.

Quote by nottinoob
          JUST.CAUSE.2.

Whoa, Just Cause seems awesome!!!
          Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
          way too much

Get the assassins creed series. nao.

also, borderlands. if they make that for pc/mac?
          Quote by goest
          ^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
          That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
          Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
          Quote by fearofthemark

Yeah, I'm happy with it because I know I'll have it for years and that if something happens, apple will fix it for free.

If you wanna piss about in environments and scale tall buildings, there is NO OTHER GAME apart from Just Cause 2. End of suggestions. Forever. I dont know how many hours i have clocked on that game and GTA IV :P Way too many probably :P
          MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
          Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
          Quote by Drakathan
          Get the assassins creed series. nao.

also, borderlands. if they make that for pc/mac?

I played assassin's creed: altair's chronicles on my iphone and it was pretty fun
          Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Get Oblivion and Fallout 3, then get all sorts of awesome mods for each.

Then in a few years, grab some Assassin's Creed games for really cheap.
          Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
          Extremely attractive woman.
          extremely attractive
          oh baby
          EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
          ...an extremely attractive guy.
          extremely attractive
          oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
          Quote by fearofthemark

Did you give Minecraft a good try? It might be a bit confusing/strange in the beginning, but it's quite fun after a while. After I read on the wiki how to get tools, more materials, etc. I got addicted

Apart from that, I agree with szekelymihai - GTA IV should be fun to explore, Fallout 3/NV are great (only played those) and Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion was a good run. These 3 games have a great world to explore too, with lots of side missions and such, so you don't have to stick to the main story. Fallout NV even goes further, adapting the world according to your actions.
          Quote by fearofthemark

Get a nicer texture pack and it is a lot easier to handle. They aren't spectacular, but they won't look like ass on johnsmith or azasarid packs.

/me plays Minecraft way too much

Plus if you buy it you can chill on a fairly active UG server.
          Quote by PnT
          Did you give Minecraft a good try? It might be a bit confusing/strange in the beginning, but it's quite fun after a while. After I read on the wiki how to get tools, more materials, etc. I got addicted

Apart from that, I agree with szekelymihai - GTA IV should be fun to explore, Fallout 3/NV are great (only played those) and Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion was a good run. These 3 games have a great world to explore too, with lots of side missions and such, so you don't have to stick to the main story. Fallout NV even goes further, adapting the world according to your actions.

No, I have to say, I didn't give it a fair try. I looked at some videos where they made the millenium falcon in minecraft and knew that if I learned how to play properly, I would never put it down. So I stopped playing after 10 minutes

I'll check out the other games too.

Quote by leony03
          If you wanna piss about in environments and scale tall buildings, there is NO OTHER GAME apart from Just Cause 2. End of suggestions. Forever. I dont know how many hours i have clocked on that game and GTA IV :P Way too many probably :P

downloading JC2 now
          Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBkUv24Rxk
          ~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
          Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
          Get Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

I can't vouch for Crysis 2, I have never played it.

From what I have seen, Crysis and Warhead are much better looking. If not better looking, they're at least equal to most of the competition these days, despite being almost 4 years old.
          Last edited by Butt Rayge at May 4, 2011,
          Page 1 of 3