when i got my DKMG i replaced their licenced floyd with an OFR that i've had from the mid 80s. but i'm still using the original pivot posts.
as far as i know, i have it all set up well, but it still goes a bit out of tune when i use it.
does anybody make higher quality after-market posts that are better than the ones that came with the DKMG?
Have you tried WD40 or another lubricant in the joint? Might work.
inb4 WD40 isn't designed as a lubricant.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Chapstick or Vasoline would do better than WD40
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
are you sure the spacing is correct? if it is off a little then that could explain your issue
lubricant on a knife edge will do next to nothing, thats the whole point of a knife edge.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
true. lubrication implys that you need to reduce friction. not much friction on an object with almost no surface area.

the contact area however will matter. say for example, the post has rust on it. knife edge wont do well will it? the contact area is most important like the finish on it or polishing it. or making sure the knife edge is truely a high quality material and making sure it wont dull, bend or warp.

are you sure its the pivot posts?
I've seen lubing the posts work to many times for it to pointless. And higher quality pivot posts will be made out of a harder metal, which means they will probably kill your knife edges over time.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Chapstick or Vasoline would do better than WD40

+1 Chapstick
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by biga29
I've seen lubing the posts work to many times for it to pointless. And higher quality pivot posts will be made out of a harder metal, which means they will probably kill your knife edges over time.

Worn pivot posts can mean poor tuning stability as well. Having harder pivot posts will help somewhat, but only if your knife edges are up to scratch. If they aren't, you may as well piss on an oil rig fire.

Ideally, you want both your edge and your post to be of equal hardness so one doesn't tear up the other under friction and both to be ultra hard.

If anyone sig's that they're dead
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 5, 2011,