This should probably go in the drug thread but it's a very specific topic so I'm gonna make a thread for it. My friend and I were talking about how the government will seize drugs and all the stuff that goes on when large amounts of drugs are captured. Neither of us are against drugs. We're the kind of guys who say, "It's your decision and your life" kinda thing. But, here's where it gets interesting. If the government wants to control drug trafficking and stop drug use around the country, then why not release the drugs back out into the public? Say someone gets caught with a few hundred kilos of cocaine or something...instead of putting them in jail for a few dozen years to life, give them the option of having their stock contaminated with something that will make a drug user very sick. When I say sick, I mean something like vomiting, diarrhea, and all around unpleasantness. Obviously the dealer would be constantly supervised and stuff. After enough time, the price of uncontaminated cocaine would be so high that hardly could afford it anymore. Expand that idea to other "hard" drugs, AKA the ones that can kill people, and problem solved? Thoughts?

EDIT: The contamination would not cause death. Geez. It's just an idea that we want other peoples opinion on because we thought it was fairly interesting. Secondly, no one would know what is contaminated and what isn't for awhile. The point being that the uncontaminated drugs would be way too expensive for people. Thirdly, if you make a claim, back it up with REASONING.

EDIT AGAIN: I like what some of you are saying. No one is right or wrong here and this certainly farfetched. It's obviously a raw idea and there are a few problems with it but we thought it to be interesting so I'm sharing the idea :p
Last edited by gsd65 at May 4, 2011,
Thats a horrible idea and would more likely cause more deaths than just the drus themselves
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
The goverment making its citizens ill over something as trivial as drugs is not a good idea.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
So you want to poison people?

And people would just avoid the contaminated stuff. You wouldn't reduce the amount of uncontaminated stuff at all, just add more drugs to the market, some of which were contaminated.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
TS is trying to rationalize putting laxatives in his roommate's stash.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by gsd65
After enough time, the price of uncontaminated cocaine would be so high that hardly could afford it anymore.
Well there's one obvious problem with your theory... Crime rates would rise in response to drugs being less affordable.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by gsd65
This should probably go in the drug thread but it's a very specific topic so I'm gonna make a thread for it. My friend and I were talking about how the government will seize drugs and all the stuff that goes on when large amounts of drugs are captured. Neither of us are against drugs. We're the kind of guys who say, "It's your decision and your life" kinda thing. But, here's where it gets interesting. If the government wants to control drug trafficking and stop drug use around the country, then why not release the drugs back out into the public? Say someone gets caught with a few hundred kilos of cocaine or something...instead of putting them in jail for a few dozen years to life, give them the option of having their stock contaminated with something that will make a drug user very sick. When I say sick, I mean something like vomiting, diarrhea, and all around unpleasantness. Obviously this person would be constantly supervised and stuff. After enough time, the price of uncontaminated cocaine would be so high that hardly could afford it anymore. Expand that idea to other "hard" drugs, AKA the ones that can kill people, and problem solved? Thoughts?

Maybe it's not going to make them sick, but the de-purifying of Heroin is a major contributing factor to overdoses.

It's been well-known that in the 70s and 80s, namely NYPD, captured pure Heroin off the streets and cut it down with Lactose till its 20-30% pure, and sold it back to the streets. It's not a theory, it's fact. Three-quarters of NYPD's work force was arrested when the scheme was exposed, which ironically was exposed by Frank Lucas, the mastermind behind getting the Heroin into the country.

Watch American Gangster.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Wow that is very harmful and not very bright of an idea. We aren't trying to kill the ones addicted to drugs, helping them with a problem would be more handy I say.

What makes you think that would even work? They will release the drugs and dealer back into society. The drug dealer can give less than two shits about the customer and still sell him the contaminated drug, hence killing people. Hell he will probably lower the price because he knows it is contaminated and will just want to get rid of it so he can get more coke/whatever drug you want to use.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
This is the worst idea I've ever heard.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm sure people would be able to tell with others ****ing with their drugs. You can tell if weed has been sprayed or messed with. You can also tell from taste how pure your MDMA or Coke is. They'd have to be pretty sneaky about it.
I love the fact you claim to have a 'do what you like to your body' philosophy...and then go on to suggest that we poison anyone on drugs.
Quote by Todd Hart
I love the fact you claim to have a 'do what you like to your body' philosophy...and then go on to suggest that we poison anyone on drugs.

Like I said, it was an idea that came up in conversation. Not saying that we'd be for it but we had an idea so we talked about it. Read a little more carefully people.
Quote by Metallicaxp
Wow that is very harmful and not very bright of an idea. We aren't trying to kill the ones addicted to drugs, helping them with a problem would be more handy I say.
To be honest, what the TS said is related to how some addictions are treated. Patients (who seek to be rid of their addiction) agree to take a medication which causes negative effects when their drug of choice is taken. So an alcohol addict might CONSENT to taking a drug like antabuse, which will cause him to experience discomfort whenever he drinks alcohol.

TS isn't TOTALLY off base with the idea - the missing piece of the puzzle is consent.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Last edited by Pan-Tallica at May 4, 2011,
Word would go round who's selling what and nowone would buy the tainted stuff apart from dumb little kids who have no other contacts.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
To be honest, what the TS said is related to how some addictions are treated. Patients (who seek to be rid of their addiction) agree to take a medication which causes negative effects when their drug of choice is taken. So an alcohol addict might CONSENT to taking a drug like antabuse, which will cause him to experience discomfort whenever he drinks alcohol.

TS isn't TOTALLY off base with the idea - the missing piece of the puzzle is consent.

Put like that it makes more sense. Then I will agree to an extent that placing other (non-lethal) chemicals in drugs could help reduce dependance of said drug.

I still think they should just legalize all illicit drugs.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by Metallicaxp
I still think they should just legalize all illicit drugs.

Yeah, because that isn't a contentious issue at all...
What the hell? This is actually already in practice by DRUG DEALERS, it's called "cutting." They deliberately contaminate pure (and relatively safe) heroin, etc. with random shit so that they use less of their stock and make more profit (and that's what makes street drugs so dangerous). What is your intention behind doing this anyway? Making drugs expensive? They are already, and people will always find a way to get what they want, especially considering as addicts they physically can't do otherwise. They'll spend their kids' school and food funds on drugs, increase petty and not-so-petty crimes, and get involved with drug trafficking rings to be part of the loop.

This is pretty much the worst "solution" to America's drug problems I've ever heard, you haven't thought this through at all.
Quote by Lion_Slicer
What the hell? This is actually already in practice by DRUG DEALERS, it's called "cutting." They deliberately contaminate pure (and relatively safe) heroin, etc. with random shit so that they use less of their stock and make more profit (and that's what makes street drugs so dangerous). What is your intention behind doing this anyway? Making drugs expensive? They are already, and people will always find a way to get what they want, especially considering as addicts they physically can't do otherwise. They'll spend their kids' school and food funds on drugs, increase petty and not-so-petty crimes, and get involved with drug trafficking rings to be part of the loop.

This is pretty much the worst "solution" to America's drug problems I've ever heard, you haven't thought this through at all.

If you read clearly, you would have seen where I said it was a RAW idea and there are a few problems with it. This happened like an hour ago.
Quote by gsd65
If you read clearly, you would have seen where I said it was a RAW idea and there are a few problems with it. This happened like an hour ago.

Your "solution" to the drug problem is the same method that drug dealers use to maximize their profit margins.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Your "solution" to the drug problem is the same method that drug dealers use to maximize their profit margins.

Exactly, but something more effective is what we thought. Yeah, this is incredibly flawed haha, I'm not denying that. IF something like that were to happen it would have to be heavily monitored and the public would have to made aware of that so it would be another risk. There are A LOT of flaws with this haha.
Quote by gsd65
There are A LOT of flaws with this haha.

So why are we talking about it then?
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue

It's been well-known that in the 70s and 80s, namely NYPD, captured pure Heroin off the streets and cut it down with Lactose till its 20-30% pure, and sold it back to the streets. It's not a theory, it's fact. Three-quarters of NYPD's work force was arrested when the scheme was exposed, which ironically was exposed by Frank Lucas, the mastermind behind getting the Heroin into the country.

Came in to post this... Ah well point's been made.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
So why are we talking about it then?

Because every idea doesn't need to be perfect. If it was, there would be no reason to bring it up or even talk about it in the first place. Newtonian mechanics break down at the molecular level and people talk about that all the time. So that's flawed as well. Granted, this isn't on the same level as that but I'm illustrating my point.
Quote by gsd65
Because every idea doesn't need to be perfect. If it was, there would be no reason to bring it up or even talk about it in the first place. Newtonian mechanics break down at the molecular level and people talk about that all the time. So that's flawed as well. Granted, this isn't on the same level as that but I'm illustrating my point.

Well I understand your point but it's not relevant here.
-Jim Morrison
What I want to know is what the police do with all of the drugs they've seized. Do you think they throw a killer Christmas party with it?
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Wouldn't it just be the way it is now but the good drugs would be even more expensive and people would even more dirty drugs to make money and therefore lead to crap cut drugs be around and flowing in people's blood?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
None of the midlevel dealers would buy the contaminated shit, they'd just find another source of pure, then cut and sell that instead.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by gsd65

You said that 4 minutes before (e.g., while I was writing) my post; the entire discussion hadn't yet gone on even 15 minutes. And I'm just pointing out some of the specific problems, though really there's only one major flaw.