Karma ranges from people believing that if they do good deeds, then they will be rewarded, where as if they do bad things, then they will be punished.
Whilst this is used in many religions, its not exclusive to religious people, many around the world believe in and shape their life around karma.

Do you believe in karma?
Do you make actions based on karma?

Have you ever seen the effects of karma happen to you or someone you know?
Last edited by mikeyknowsbetter at May 4, 2011,
No I believe in consequences.

I don't believe in luck either. One thing that annoys me is when people say "we could have died!". Which is obviously untrue because we didn't die so nothing we did could of made us die hence we didn't die.

If you are dick to people then people are more likely to be a dick to you it's not down to karma.
Quote by Greenie_777

I don't believe in luck either. One thing that annoys me is when people say "we could have died!". Which is obviously untrue because we didn't die so nothing we did could of made us die hence we didn't die.

If you are dick to people then people are more likely to be a dick to you it's not down to karma.

So if you drove off a bridge and survived there would have been no possibility of death prior to you obviously not dying?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

My college public speaking class syllabus said something like "If you are late and you hear someone else giving a speech in class, do not come in and interrupt them. Doing so will have a negative effect on your karma and may make you lose points in the class."

R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Trowzaa
So if you drove off a bridge and survived there would have been no possibility of death prior to you obviously not dying?

This.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Trowzaa

That's before you do it though not after you've survived the incident.
guy does something bad, guy then subconsciously looks for something bad to happen to him to feel like the universe balanced itself out, then calls it karma.

also, this happens sometimes:

guy does something bad, then waits for something bad to happen, and the universe always has something waiting, and when it does, that's when confirmation bias kicks in; calls it karma.

also, this:

guy does something bad, consequence happens, calls it karma.

it's arbitrary to think it's bad luck or good luck either.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Greenie_777

Well of course you're not gonna die after the incident cos you've survived... You could so easily have died during the incident, hitting the floor at high speed in a car could easily kill you. So you could've died.

i tend to find, that the better person i try to be, the better people i meet and/or have to deal with.

also, the more upbeat i am, the better my day seems to go.

I don't think it's 'karma', more just perspective.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Trowzaa
Well of course you're not gonna die after the incident cos you've survived... You could so easily have died during the incident, hitting the floor at high speed in a car could easily kill you. So you could've died.

If the circumstances were different you could have died but you've already lived through the circumstances where you didn't die.

So if you repeated it the same way you wouldn't die so therefore you couldn't have died.
Quote by Greenie_777
If the circumstances were different you could have died but you've already lived through the circumstances where you didn't die.

So if you repeated it the same way you wouldn't die so therefore you couldn't have died.

Let me start again.
If you drive off a bridge by accident you're saying that there's no way you could die?

Quote by Trowzaa
Let me start again.
If you drive off a bridge by accident you're saying that there's no way you could die?

This is going to go round in circles. I didn't say that.
Karma in a 'cosmic' sense? no. Karma as in, people that are dicks should be, and do get treated as what they are? hell yes.
Quote by Greenie_777
This is going to go round in circles. I didn't say that.

I'm just failing to understand.
If you drive off a bridge there's huge possibility that you could die, just because you survived doesn't mean that there's no way you could've died.

Quote by Greenie_777

You are not going to say the words " i could have died" before anything happened, hence the past tense used, it clearly would be after the incident
Quote by Trowzaa
I'm just failing to understand.
If you drive off a bridge there's huge possibility that you could die, just because you survived doesn't mean that there's no way you could've died.

Yeah but the way you drove off the bridge didn't lead to your death so if you kept repeating it over and over the same way you still wouldnt die.

Do you see what I mean?
Quote by Greenie_777
Yeah but the way you drove off the bridge didn't lead to your death so if you kept repeating it over and over the same way you still wouldnt die.

Do you see what I mean?

Yeah I see where you're coming from but I just don't agree
You didn't know that the way you drove off the bridge or whatever you did to avoid death would lead to you surviving thus there'd always be a chance of you dying. I know what I mean.
But yeah, this is just going in circles.

Quote by Trowzaa
Yeah I see where you're coming from but I just don't agree
You didn't know that the way you drove off the bridge or whatever you did to avoid death would lead to you surviving thus there'd always be a chance of you dying. I know what I mean.
But yeah, this is just going in circles.

Yeah obviously you could of died it just annoys me when people get worked up about something that didn't happen.
i don't think karma exists in the way folk are talking about here, but i do believe in a sort of universal karma, where everything has an opposite. protons and electrons, hot and cold, and so on.
If you carried out the same series of events exactly, you wont die.

What the events are determine.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by Greenie_777

LOL! wut?
Karma happens naturally. If you do a good thing for someone else, they'll usually want to do something nice back to you. If you do something mean to someone else, they'll usually want to do something mean back at you. Not sure if this makes sense, but it's how I've always thought of karma.

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Karma is consequence. People are smart enough in most circumstances to recognize some sense of right and wrong when making a decision or action, because they understand the further implications of their actions.

Karma is just a symbol for the way actions that we generally perceive as wrong or negative have negative consequences(or vice versa). This gets misconstrued when trying to tie it back to how most people understand karma, and that is how your actions will come back to YOU specifically.

Most theology or philosophy regarding karma usually involves a certain type of spiritual unity of all life, thus acting negatively towards anyone is usually considered a sleight against yourself, because you are both one in the same, in their eyes.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I'm a decent human being; shame my life sucks. Karma is a piece of ****ing bullshit.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found