I've learned the G major scale and was wondering which major scale is easier/better to learn next, C D or E? I wanna learn to play acoustic blues sometime soon but right now i play 80's rock, some blues, alternative rock, and metal.
Not trying to offend you if you already know this, but all major scales are the same. Just moved up or down on the fretboard
la de da.
As long as you know one scale in any key you play any scale in any key (all of them, actually). Whole:Whole:Half:Whole:Whole:Whole:Half Basically use this formula to play the major scale in any key. You can also use this formula to learn different scales and modes.
You'd wanna learn the notes in the scale - If you're interested, look up the circle of fifths, and that'll lead you in the right direction. It gets pretty theory-heavy, if you've not started learning, but you gotta start somewhere I found it really helped my lead playing
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by Respect_KeyOfG
I've learned the G major scale and was wondering which major scale is easier/better to learn next, C D or E? I wanna learn to play acoustic blues sometime soon but right now i play 80's rock, some blues, alternative rock, and metal.

How are you learning it? What is the purpose for learning it? This will help me better answer your question. Its a fairly abstract question as it stands now.

Sean
Quote by Respect_KeyOfG
C or D would be best next major scale to learn.

Follow the cycle of fifths C then G then D then A then E then B then F♯/G♭ then D♭ then A♭ then E♭ then B♭ then F back to C.

Or you could go backwards G then C then F then B♭ then E♭ etc etc all the way around.

As you go you will notice relationships between the scales and after the first few it will get easier and easier because you will understand what's happening. It's good if you look at it going both ways too.

Particularly if you are learning the note names and scale degrees as well as the positions on the fretboard for each of the major scales.
Si
I'm going to guess TS that you've learnt G major as a shape starting on the 3rd fret low E, going to the 5th fret high E. This is only a small part of the scale, and it extends throughout the entire fretboard. Learn the names of the notes in the scale and on the fretboard, and this should guide you as to why the G major scale is in the place it is, and how to use this major scale in all the other keys.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud