This is my situation:

Basically, for GCSE Music, for reasons that are unclear, I have to record a piece. It has to be of a Grade 5 standard or higher and completely solo, no accompniament. Apart from Guitar I play Piano and Double Bass, but am nowhere near a Grade 5 standard on either of them, so need a good guitar piece, regardless of genre, that is entirely solo to play in 6-7 weeks time. Can anyone help?
Quote by jimmyled

FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GODLY SQUID, FEAR IT!!!

choose an acoustic piece, examiners hate distortion of any kind.
trust me, i've already been there and done that
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Well it depends, what do you find the song that perhaps was the most challenging to learn and start there perhaps?

As much as it is possible to do tracks with distortions definitely go with something acoustic. Find one you like that you consider to be a challenge and in whatever time you have just simply work your balls off to make it work.

Best of luck to you.
When I did my GCSE Music pieces, it doesnt matter if they were originally solo or not, you can play the guitar part from any song, its just that you'll be doing it without the other parts playing at the time.

In any case, I did More Than Words by Extreme on acoustic, something in that vein might be a good idea, works pretty well for solo playing.

How would you rate your acoustic guitar skills? I'll try and suggest some stuff that might be suitable.
Quote by mishax92

How would you rate your acoustic guitar skills? I'll try and suggest some stuff that might be suitable.

I'm trained mainly on electric, but could easily get a moderately hard acoustic piece down in six weeks.
Quote by jimmyled

FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GODLY SQUID, FEAR IT!!!

WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Da.Squid
I'm trained mainly on electric, but could easily get a moderately hard acoustic piece down in six weeks.

If you're willing to retune your guitar a bit then Nocturne by Andy Mckee is pretty easy but beautiful and sounds incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UOMCYWpNbI

If that one proves perhaps slightly too tricky then perhaps some of lonlonjp's arrangements of various themes from video games could prove suitable. Even if youre not a fan of the video games, theres no denying that many of the pieces are awesome. Many of his arrangements can be found on gametabs.net.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lonlonjp

You could also check out my youtube channel in my sig where ive done some of my own, if any of them seem suitable I'd happily provide you with tabs.
Grade 5?
I'm taking GCSE music too . Our teacher hasn't said anything about grades. Anyway, I heard Stairway To Heaven is grade 5. I googled it and it was in a thread on some website called Ultimate Guitar.com
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Do an intsrumental of Justin Bieber's "Baby".
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.