1) On sunday I decided to initiate my plan of making my guitar sound more Br00talz by putting some new pickups in. I used a Dimarzio X2N for the bridge humbucker, DiMarzio Area '67 in the middle and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck of my Yamaha Pacifica. I followed the wiring diagrams and the 2 DiMarzios sounded fine, but the Hot Rails had an overly trebly response and incredibly low output. I followed this diagram:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3lil_hum_1v_2t_5w

2) My freind recently inherited a Yamaha Pacifica from his sister, but one the many problems with it was that the bridge, which had a whammy bar but now doesn't, is effectively floating, with no obvious way to get it back down. This is a problem because the Action is miles high as a result, so it's a bitch to play.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Quote by jimmyled

FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GODLY SQUID, FEAR IT!!!

You're friends guitar will need another spring or if he doesn't want to use the trem at all he can block it.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
What xkreedx said for the trem issue.

As far as the pup problem goes, have you checked EVERY SINGLE solder/wire? It sounds like you've not soldered the red and white wires together and taped them off.
I have, but what I think the problem is that it says for Fender pckups you have to switch a couple of the wires around, which may be the case for all other pickups.
Quote by jimmyled

FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GODLY SQUID, FEAR IT!!!