You're on the right path, totally.

The intro part sounded good... maybe a little less distortion.

The other two parts also need just a tad less distortion and some boosted low-end.

The tricky thing with bass and fuzz/od/distortion is that however much you THINK you need... you need less. What sounds good alone just gets totally lost in a band setting :/

EDIT: It's been literally almost a decade since i've listened to that song. So i went back to listen to it. To me it sounds more like a driven tube amp and less like an overtly clicked dirt pedal.

PS: I got to see RAtM twice (RAtM/Wu Tang/Beastie Boys/Bad Religion and then RAtM/At The Drive In/Gang Starr)... both times Timmy C was a monster and his tone was amazing.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at May 4, 2011,
It's like he's running at least two seperate signals in the original song, I'd like to say one distorted signal, one clean and another clean with wah, but I'm not sure on three.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
It's like he's running at least two seperate signals in the original song, I'd like to say one distorted signal, one clean and another clean with wah, but I'm not sure on three.

he has two wahs on his board trap together. in theory he has two channels both getting wahhed. one clean wah one distorted. im running one and well..... when only be running one for quite a while so im just trying to do my best.

to the other guy thanks man will try and turn them back and getting more low end will be hard. most of his low end is coming from his second channel it seems like
Quote by th30nlyAket

to the other guy thanks man will try and turn them back and getting more low end will be hard. most of his low end is coming from his second channel it seems like

Yeah... it's hard to get a bi-amped sound without... you know... bi-amping, haha!

Pedals witha good blend mode are a good soloution... EHX Bass Muff, VooDooLabs Sparkle Drive... but still it won't sound AS good without bi-amping.

Again though... really good start!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."