Page 1 of 9
Pretty ****ed up.

In one way, he could be truly regretful and my compassionate side wants to forgive him.

On the other hand, my wrathful side ( the slightly bigger side ) doesn't.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Pretty ****ed up.

In one way, he could be truly regretful and my compassionate side wants to forgive him.

I think the way she was treated by the authorities is awful.
That's a pretty awful story to read from any angle. The way she was raped, and then treated by the authorities and school staff was terrible. And (hate me all you want) I also think it's pretty cold to have a man thrown in jail for a crime he committed 20 years ago after he obviously felt extreme remorse over it. Seems more like revenge than justice to me.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
That's a pretty awful story to read from any angle. The way she was raped, and then treated by the authorities and school staff was terrible. And (hate me all you want) I also think it's pretty cold to have a man thrown in jail for a crime he committed 20 years ago after he obviously felt extreme remorse over it. Seems more like revenge than justice to me.

The way I read it was that he didn't really feel remorse for hurting her, just that he had a bad past. He saw it as more romantic and less of a brutalising assault, and made comments about her physical appearance in the correspondence. To me, that suggests he was more remorseful because he felt he should be rather than an actual feeling of how disgusting what he did is.
What an awful experience, I read it and couldn't help but feel so bad for her.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I read the article and then burst out laughing at killswitches' post. I'm a bad person.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The way I read it was that he didn't really feel remorse for hurting her, just that he had a bad past. He saw it as more romantic and less of a brutalising assault, and made comments about her physical appearance in the correspondence. To me, that suggests he was more remorseful because he felt he should be rather than an actual feeling of how disgusting what he did is.

Perhaps. Nobody but him can really know for certain if his remorse was genuine.

Quote by josh999x
I read the article and then burst out laughing at killswitches' post. I'm a bad person.

It was an immature post containing and immature (and old) joke that was also extremely predictable given the thread title and content. You are easily amused.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at May 4, 2011,
I hate rape cases and the way everyone piles it on the same situations.

Part of me thinks he should be forgiven for what he did, do his punishment and be allowed to move on with his life. He accepted his punishment by pleading guilty and apologized for what he did (not saying that makes it right but you know)

But what he did to her was horrific.

Theres many cases where people have large amounts of guilt for years because choices made in the past.

From (a friends) experience, even a letter of apology will help a great deal.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at May 4, 2011,
Quote by KirkMetallica
Pretty ****ed up.

I thought this after the first couple paragraphs. When they mention how he had his bags packed at the time he was arrested and had found out her address... not so much.
so the moral of the story is if you rape someone, dont try to make amends for it later?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That's how he comes off to me as well. Not sure whether he really even cared about how she felt, because she keeps saying he talked about himself in the emails a lot. If I got the feeling he was really concerned about her and felt genuinely sorry I'd maybe have some sympathy for him. For whatever reason he did so, I commend him for basically giving himself in, though I don't think the prison sentence was just.
Call me Matthew.
"You were a natural blonde, as I recall"? Sounds like a creep. And serving less than six months, what a joke.
Quote by Masshuu
That's how he comes off to me as well. Not sure whether he really even cared about how she felt, because she keeps saying he talked about himself in the emails a lot. If I got the feeling he was really concerned about her and felt genuinely sorry I'd maybe have some sympathy for him. For whatever reason he did so, I commend him for basically giving himself in, though I don't think the prison sentence was just.

No, definitely not. There is no justice for rape victims at all, it's disgusting
I don't know what kind of a man you would have to be to do that to somene else. Rapists and murderers really should get life in prison for thier crimes. I mean, he gets 2.5 years, but I could get twenty for just having weed in my pocket?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by gacharya
I don't know what kind of a man you would have to be to do that to somene else. Rapists and murderers really should get life in prison for thier crimes. I mean, he gets 2.5 years, but I could get twenty for just having weed in my pocket?

You must have big ass pockets if you can stuff that much in
Quote by captaincrunk
Why forgive him? He's only even apologizing because of some AA bullshit.

I didn't even consciously link those two things.

That makes him an even bigger scumbag. I thought he contacted her because he'd been dwelling on it or something.
That's just ****ed up, in every way possible.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
No, definitely not. There is no justice for rape victims at all, it's disgusting

I wouldn't say that however. Clearly, here, justice was not served. However, this one case =/= all cases. There's more cases than not where justice is served fine.
Quote by robhc
That's just ****ed up, in every way possible.

I wouldn't say that however. Clearly, here, justice was not served. However, this one case =/= all cases. There's more cases than not where justice is served fine.

There isn't. A lot of rape cases don't even go to trial. The accusations that you asked for it or are lying start from the moment you go to the police station.

You must have big ass pockets if you can stuff that much in

Lol, but you get my point, right?

Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There isn't. A lot of rape cases don't even go to trial. The accusations that you asked for it or are lying start from the moment you go to the police station.

How many of the bolded cases have substantial evidence though. If there isn't enough evidence to make a case, of course it isn't going any where.
That unfortunately though is the problem with rape cases. There often isn't enough evidence, so nothing really can be rightfully done.
Is it really possible to press charges for something that happened twenty years prior? Especially with a "he said" "she said" kind of thing (I know she had a rape kit done, so I assume that was kept on record?). Doesn't really matter in the end, he deserves way more than he got.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Yeah, that doesn't seem like justice, knowing what we know. I don't know how that sentence got reduced from 10 years to 2.5.

Justice? The UK?

Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
That bastard should've served his ten fucking years.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yes a lot, and please dont get me wrong, a great deal more needs to be achieved, but the situation is considerably better than it was even a decade ago.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Absolutely! There is absolutely no justice for rape victims. The closest thing to justice a rape victim can have is having the ability to overcome struggle and forgive their attacker. Forgiving a person who stole something from you that you cannot ever get back is the hardest part of it all. Knowing you can face a person attached to such a vile memory and not let the hate blossom takes so much more character and courage than simply seeking revenge. Vengeance solves nothing and only makes you as bad as your attacker.

Quote by robhc
How many of the bolded cases have substantial evidence though. If there isn't enough evidence to make a case, of course it isn't going any where.
That unfortunately though is the problem with rape cases. There often isn't enough evidence, so nothing really can be rightfully done.
It usually has nothing to do with evidence. Most of the time, the person who was raped is simply too ashamed to admit to it and does not wish to face what their attacker over again. Having to live with it is bad in and of itself. Men or women whom have never been raped have an extremely hard time understanding this aspect.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at May 4, 2011,
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Ninth step of AA.^ Dude is a fool.
Quote by jwizzle5786
Is it really possible to press charges for something that happened twenty years prior? Especially with a "he said" "she said" kind of thing (I know she had a rape kit done, so I assume that was kept on record?). Doesn't really matter in the end, he deserves way more than he got.

Statue limitations
Rape is a horrible, horrible act. While I believe that people can feel remorse and such, this man was not sorry and did not get the punishment he deserved.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.