Like you mean it.

Ahem, anyhoo.. had to be done! I would suggest finger 1 for the 12th fret notes, finger 2 for the 14ths and finger 3 for the 15ths.

OR use fingers 3 and 4 instead of 2 and 3. I've never quite figured out which fingers I like using for those diminished sweeps, but those seem the best options

EDIT: The 2nd option seems better, as it is a little easier to reach back to that 12th fret on the G-string with the 1st finger. Depends if you're a pinky-user or not! *cue further sex jokes*
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at May 4, 2011,
I feel that more "pro" guitarists use the second option, but I'm a noob so I could be wrong.
Quote by Chenryy
I feel that more "pro" guitarists use the second option, but I'm a noob so I could be wrong.

Without wanting to sound like a dick, hardly anyone here could be considered "pro" so I'd always say go with what's comfortable for YOU
I attack these diminished ideas slightly differently but it feels the most relaxed to me:

e|-------12-15p12----------
b|----14----------14-------
g|-15----------------15-12-
d|-------------------------
a|-------------------------
e|-------------------------

F|-3--2--1--4--1--2--3--1--

I think I picked it up from Malmsteen now that I think about it.

Quote by SilverSpurs616
Without wanting to sound like a dick, hardly anyone here could be considered "pro" so I'd always say go with what's comfortable for YOU

Because everyone knows you have to be a professional to know what you're talking about
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Because everyone knows you have to be a professional to know what you're talking about

Give it a rest pal, you try having a dig at a lot of things that I say. I was making the point that we aren't pros (myself included) and so we don't need to do things the exact same way as those who are.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Give it a rest pal, you try having a dig at a lot of things that I say. I was making the point that we aren't pros (myself included) and so we don't need to do things the exact same way as those who are.

Do I? I hadn't noticed, it's not like I'm singling you out or anything.

Either way, being pro or not has nothing to do with anything, I don't know why anyone brought it up, you were just the one I quoted.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Do I? I hadn't noticed, it's not like I'm singling you out or anything.

Either way, being pro or not has nothing to do with anything, I don't know why anyone brought it up, you were just the one I quoted.

Eh, fair enough. Perhaps I'm just pissy tonight cause the last few threads have been rather troll-heavy
Either approach that SilverSpurs616 gave is certainly worthy of merit. Personally, what I use for that is the first approach. It looks cooler, IMO! It is basically just down to your preference for aesthetics and which you find most comfortable. You will find that actually different pros use either of the two approaches. It is a simple personal preference. Yngwie Malmsteen uses the first one, but will include his pinky if it is much lower down the neck since the frets are larger.
Last edited by Lightning Strat at May 7, 2011,