as a huge fan of RG's, and having played said 'old' RG550, my opinion would be '**** YES'.

edit: forgot to mention, the one i played had tonezone and air norton pups, so i dont really know what the stock ones sound like
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Last edited by --ESTRANGED-- at May 4, 2011,
thanks. this one comes with pink dimarzio evolutions and coloured knobs etc. Looks good!
Let's just say I'm going to hate you the second you get it lol
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
is it one of the originals or the reissue? What year?

I like them all, but I love the ones made after the All Access Neck Joint was introduced, I really didn't like the original '87 style neck joint. I also like the original color where it was really a neon yellow. The newer ones are kind of a pastel yellow, not as bright.

does this one have a maple fretboard or a rosewood fretboard?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
they are awesome, I personally prefer the AANJ over the old one, but they are all absolutely epic.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by CalumFraser
its a aanj, neon yellow, maple fretboard and not a reissue. 1989 i think

If it has the AANJ, I don't think it's 1989... I think those came out in the early-mid 90's. I could be mistaken, though. The first 2 digits on the serial number are the last 2 digits of the year it was made so just ask for those and you'll be able to tell (i.e. F93XXXXX would be a Fuji-Gen guitar made in 1993).
The AANJ didn't appear on RGs until something like 95/96...definitely didn't have them in 93.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The AANJ didn't appear on RGs until something like 95/96...definitely didn't have them in 93.

Actually i'm pretty sure the aanj was introduced around 93/94 time. There was a few desert yellows from around about 93/94 which had the aanj.

They also did a reissue for a little while with the super wizard in like 97/98. These are the only neon desert yellow rgs because the anniversary ones have the old style joint.

TS the guitar you've posted is a bit overpriced especially with a lot of the cosmetic mods i've seen rg550s without all that go for like 200-300 less depending on finish...
Angus is right,

AAJN came in on the S's in 93 and then RGs at the same time 93/94

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Love the old rg's, thats why I have 10 of them lol.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by Tom 1.0
Angus is right,

Actually! The Maxxas was first in -87. The FGM100 had AANJ in -91, and the USA Customs got it in -92.
Last edited by Sledgeman at Jun 17, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Angus is right,

I bought my RG in '93 and it doesn't have an AANJ, that's all I was basing my assumptions on....serial number starts with F3
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com