We've never experienced anything remotely similar to this here in 'Bama. Thankfully my area didn't get it too bad, but about 30 minutes away, two towns were completely erased from the landscape.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
There and Back Again. A Hobbit's Tale... [4/27/2011]- please take this with a sense of humor and recognize God's influence.

Stopped reading right about there.
Quote by Ziphoblat

Really shouldve given it more of a chance. I dont like all the god references either but its a good read

EDIT @parigod Im glad to hear you were ok during all this. Me and the majority of my friends and almost everyone i know at LSU has given donations of some sort. We havent forgotten how much Bama helped us out after Katrina. I wish everyone over there the best
Last edited by dmiwshicldply at May 4, 2011,
Thats amazing. I'm suprised he managed to get through it all with only some (pretty nasty) cuts and bruises. His whole bloody street was erased, man.
I live in Bama too. I also got very lucky and didn't get hit too bad by the storms. But I have seen these awful horrors and stories to boot.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Quote by Ziphoblat

Deal with it, some people believe in something.

Awesome story, he sure is lucky to be alive! It makes me realize how selfish I've been lately... altruism used to be my thing :P I've got some work to do.

Thanks for sharing this!
Quote by Superstrat101
Deal with it, some people believe in something.

I have no problem with that, but if they tell me that I should believe that too, then I couldn't care about reading whatever happened to them.
That was an amazing read, teared up slightly.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
That was an amazing read, teared up slightly.

I know i definitely got a little emotional when he started talking about his loved ones searching every hospital and morgue around for him. I could just imagine my friends and family doing the same. Its a very sobering thought
Wow...
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
An EF-3 tornado hit in a small town in Southwest VA about 10 miles from me, basically wrecked the whole town. It just killed somewhere between 4 and 8, but it left many without homes and injured. Ive been helping out some with the clean up, and it really is amazing to see how many people get out and help each other in times like this. It's quite touching, especially when this is the first time anything like this has happened around here, and people are still able to volunteer their time to help.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud

Humanity never ceases to amaze me, both in its capacity for hope and greatness, and its endless depravity. This story falls squarely into that first category.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
They received ample amounts of warning.

oh and **** him for saying "please take this with a sense of humor and recognize God's influence." People need to stop giving God credit
I leik music
Quote by col50
They received ample amounts of warning.

oh and **** him for saying "please take this with a sense of humor and recognize God's influence." People need to stop giving God credit

This. Whenever anything good happens people praise god for it, whenever anything bad happens they never mention god. It's insane, these people need to grow up.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This. Whenever anything good happens people praise god for it, whenever anything bad happens they never mention god. It's insane, these people need to grow up.

No, you do. They have something they believe in. Let them have it.
Wow, that was powerful, glad he made it out.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Great story, the idiots who are dismissing it because the man is clearly religious are completely missing the point.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by goest
No, you do. They have something they believe in. Let them have it.

What if I believed in a giant green man, and every time something good happens I thanked him and tell all my friends and family that the green man helped and tell them to believe in the green man
I leik music
Quote by col50
What if I believed in a giant green man, and every time something good happens I thanked him and tell all my friends and family that the green man helped and tell them to believe in the green man

That's totally cool, bro.

The only difference here is that this guy isn't telling you to believe in God.
Quote by goest
That's totally cool, bro.

The only difference here is that this guy isn't telling you to believe in God.

yea "bro" except

recognize God's influence.
I leik music
Quote by col50
yea "bro" except

He's still not ramming it down your throat. The man believes God kept him alive. What harm is done?
Quote by Ziphoblat

Fail.
Currently Using:

Washburn X-Series w/ SH-8 and Pearly Gates
Peavey Vypyr 120h
Peavey Valveking 412 Slant
ISP Decimator
Ernie Ball .12-.56

Quote by CannedBullets
get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy
Quote by goest
He's still not ramming it down your throat. The man believes God kept him alive. What harm is done?

I'm just tired of people giving God credit......
I leik music
Quote by col50
I'm just tired of people giving God credit......

If it's what they believe, it's what they believe.
Quote by col50
yea "bro" except

Please. He mentions god maybe 3 times in that entire story, he's clearly not trying to force his religion on you. He's a religious man so he decided to make a mention of it, but it's obvious that its far from the point of the story.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.