So I found a nice looking pedal from a UK seller. But I was wondering if I could use it on my Roland Cube 30 US amp.

I contacted the seller
This is what he told me

You shouldn't have any problems. You would have to use a 9V battery though as we run on different power (we are 240 volts you are 110). We have to get step down transformer for US pedals, you might have to get a step up transformer if you want to use an adaptor.

Thanks guys

EDIT: I think it's worthy noting that it is a Boss MT-2
Last edited by scarhawk at May 4, 2011,
Wtf? Stupid seller is stupid...

The voltage at the pedal is still 9V - it doesn't matter what the line voltage is at all since it's going through a wall wart.

Just get a different adapter for 110-120V.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
No, dude, you just need a regular adapter.

Like this:

120V

This is what he'd use:

220V.

The only difference between your adapter and the adapter he'd use is the plug configuration and the input voltage.

The output voltage and the pedal plug are exactly the same everywhere.

Edit: as long as the pin polarity matches your pedal, that is.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at May 4, 2011,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
No, dude, you just need a regular adapter.

Like this:

120V

This is what he'd use:

220V.

The only difference between your adapter and the adapter he'd use is the plug configuration and the input voltage.

The output voltage and the pedal plug are exactly the same everywhere.

Edit: as long as the pin polarity matches your pedal, that is.

I can't seem to find an adapter like that, that is decent. Maybe it's just too much hassle and I should just try looking for a US pedal to guarantee it's functionality.
It is a US pedal, that's what we've been trying to tell you. There's no difference whatsoever between the pedals. All you need is the standard Boss 9-volt adapter, which you can get at any music store.

In the UK, you get a 240V to 9V adapter. In the US you get a 120V to 9V adapter. The pedal doesn't know the difference, since it's getting 9V DC either way. Boss sends the exact same pedal everywhere in the world.
lulz

buy an MT2 from nearer than the UK.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
lulz

buy an MT2 from nearer than the UK.

Yeah but it's a modded one. And it's cheap.

Quote by Roc8995
It is a US pedal, that's what we've been trying to tell you. There's no difference whatsoever between the pedals. All you need is the standard Boss 9-volt adapter, which you can get at any music store.

In the UK, you get a 240V to 9V adapter. In the US you get a 120V to 9V adapter. The pedal doesn't know the difference, since it's getting 9V DC either way. Boss sends the exact same pedal everywhere in the world.

Oh, I see. Thank you. So basically I'm looking for a PSA-120 then as far as official Boss adapters go. Costs about 20 bucks though. I'll see exactly how much I can get the pedal from him, so I can see if it's worth getting a UK one rather than a US one which would include the adapter.
Right, the PSA120 is the right adapter, but a lot of companies sell a similar (and cheaper) adapter. It's a pretty standard 200mA (that part doesn't matter much), 9 volt, center negative (matters a lot).
If you're planning to get more pedals, a One-spot would be a good purchase.
get one from a closer place, and mod it yourself.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Roc8995
Right, the PSA120 is the right adapter, but a lot of companies sell a similar (and cheaper) adapter. It's a pretty standard 200mA (that part doesn't matter much), 9 volt, center negative (matters a lot).
If you're planning to get more pedals, a One-spot would be a good purchase.

I looked around and all of them seem to be a few dollars within the price of the psa120, and I'd rather just shell out the couple dollars for an official one. I might get a chorus pedal as well but I would be buying both a 1 spot and a PSA. I might just feed the chorus pedal batteries though because I probably won't use it that much.
Dude.

Buy a one spot. Buy a daisy chain thing for the one spot. And then stop worrying about it because you'll have all the power you need for 8 pedals and be out about 25 bucks.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Dude.

Buy a one spot. Buy a daisy chain thing for the one spot. And then stop worrying about it because you'll have all the power you need for 8 pedals and be out about 25 bucks.

+3000
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!