One of my biggest problem when it comes to music is thinking about it too much. All of my music instructors say this. They say if I just let myself go on autopilot I would be a lot better.

Any advice of how to overcome this?

I have to do this sight-singing practice thing tomorrow for AP music theory exam next monday. My instructor says I have the ability to do it, but I'm so afraid to mess up, I mess up.
Why did you choose to be in music in the first place? I hope it was because it was fun. Just have some fun with it. Practice with a friend for the thing tommorow now. When your done that take a deep breath and study for the exam.... I know easier said then done
Write a song with a time limit. Don't try and make it perfect or anything. Its better to write 3 or 4 bad songs then to get halfway through a good one and then give up.
Put a song away, resist the temptation to work on it. Then come back to it a few days later and see what sticks out to you.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
Put a song away, resist the temptation to work on it. Then come back to it a few days later and see what sticks out to you.

This!