ok so ive had my peavey 6534+ now for almost 2 months (i think) and ive been loving it a ton, but this thing has a seriously bright clean channel. i was wondering if theres a way i can make the amp sound darker/warmer. because when i use the clean channel, resonace is almost maxed out, presence and highs are on 2 and lows are on 7-8 while mids are around 5

btw for the record about my rig:

peavey 6534+
mesa stiletto sized cab with 2 c-90 speakers and 2 speakers that appear to be mesa version of the vintage 30.
guitars:
all mahogany flying V with EMG 81/60
MiM fender telecaster all stock.

clean tones i really like are more jazzy type cleans where i normally do neck pickup and roll off the tone knob about halfway usually. but the amp is very bright, and i can get pretty close to my ideal clean tone, but its still a really bright amp
lower your highs, and raise your lows, and possibly add in a little bit of reverb. Its what a lot of jazz guitarists do to acheive their "sound". You might wanna consider using the middle selector switch or the bridge and lowering the tone by about 3/4 of the way.
currently highs are never higher than 2 on the clean channel and lows are always 7 or above.

ive actually been thinking of somekind of echo pedal for a bit now.

sometimes i actually try the middle selection, but it adds a certain brightness that im trying to avoid. and id roll off the tone knob more but then it starts to sound too hollow or my tastes.

btw i am no means a jazz guitarist, but i do like the tone
High capacitance curly cables. Get like 40 feet and it will roll of some of the highs quite well.

I sold a trainwreck clone I built to a friend and that is what he has to do to tame the brightness of the amp.

An EQ would be more useful between different amps though.
Quote by XgamerGt04
High capacitance curly cables. Get like 40 feet and it will roll of some of the highs quite well.

I sold a trainwreck clone I built to a friend and that is what he has to do to tame the brightness of the amp.

An EQ would be more useful between different amps though.

+1. Dunno about curly, but longer cables DO darken tone subjectively. At least, it did when I went from 3m to 9m.....
lowering your pup height on the GBe side may just fix the problem.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.