Poll: Should women be in active combat in the military?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should women be in active combat in the military?
Yes
320 81%
No
73 19%
Voters: 393.
Page 1 of 10
Should females be allowed to serve in positions in the armed forces that would place them in jobs that entail actively participating in situations where there is a high likely hood of receiving fire from enemy personal?

This includes fields like infantry, special operations, covert operations, etc.

This does not include doing things like being in a supply regiment - even though there are incidents of being attacked by enemy personal.

I'll post my thoughts on this issue when the discussion gets going.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Why the hell not? They're smart enough to make their own decisions.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Why?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Yes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
no. but then again, i don't believe men should be allowed to either
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Obligatory: No, because they should be in the kitchen.

Honest: No, because they are physically less able than men.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by fearofthemark
Why the hell not? They're smart enough to make their own decisions.

How does that compare to the fact that many women are not physically able to do the jobs required by active combat positions?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Yes. I didn't know this was an issue.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
It's all irrelevant when you think about it. Why shouldn't they be allowed? Because they're weak?

Nope.

Because they're dumb?

Nope.

Because they leave their tampons lying around creating a very awkward atmosphere?

Yes.
No. Not because they don't have the strength or anything to do so, but because having them on the front line in combat ****s with the mens minds. The men will try to protect the women, simply out of basic animal instincts. Allowing them to serve makes it more dangerous for every one involved.
No, they should have to stay at home in the kitchen.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
No, they should have to stay at home in the kitchen.

Already been done
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
If they choose so.
It's their decision and I'm pretty sure if they don't want to be in a certain role, they don't have too.
And they'll only be accepted if they have the skills. It's not like these people are Miss America and flaunting their nails.

The onion did a video on something similar to this..
Quote by Zoot Allures
'Anybody dumb enough to wanna join the millitary should be allowed in'
- Bill Hicks

There are some horrifically hard working people in the military, who have families and only wanted to provide them with a secure future. You demean this, because?
If they meet the requirements then yes.

The male female interaction could be a problem but there's no real reason they shouldn't.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Zoot Allures
- Bill Hicks

Please stop quoting Hicks in every thread you post in.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
How does that compare to the fact that many women are not physically able to do the jobs required by active combat positions?
If they were physically unable to do the jobs, wouldn't they fail out of training?

Honestly, I don't see what the problem would be if they are mentally and physically able to do their job.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by severed-metal
There are some horrifically hard working people in the military, who have families and only wanted to provide them with a secure future. You demean this, because?

He's an edgy anti-government teen on the internet
If you can't handle the heat, go back to the kitchen.

That ^^pretty much mean that. ↓↓↓
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at May 4, 2011,
Anyone that can make it through training and handle the physical demands of combat should be allowed to do it, regardless of gender.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Why not?

Coming from a practical standpoint, it doesn't make since. An infantry-personal carries 75lbs + of combat gear, has to be able to preform feats such as lifting other friendlies over walls, carry wounded or dead friendlies, etc. Most women are not physically able to do this. There are exceptions to that statement, but does that warrant the military in spending extra money weeding out the women that are able to do what is necessary?

Additionally - while it may be something that many consider to be a stupid reason for exclusion - there is no way to tell how having women on the front lines will affect the unity, morale, etc. of the unit. What if the presence of women on the front lines distracts men and ends up getting someone killed? Yes, ideologically it is stupid to prohibit women from serving because of the reaction of men, but practically, it's not feasible for the same reason.

Then there is the issue of things specific to females. Some conditions that active soldiers live in are not friendly to feminine-hygiene. What happens when a female gets pregnant on the front lines and the military has to spend money to evacuate her out of there.

Also, it should be noticed that I'm for equal rights for every human being. Look at the caption under my name... This is about the only exception where I can justify discrimination on the basis of gender.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by daytripper75
Anyone that can make it through training and handle the physical demands of combat should be allowed to do it, regardless of gender.

Regardless of anything, really. Who cares if the guy covering your ass is gay, female, christian or even a vegetarian?
Quote by robhc
No. Not because they don't have the strength or anything to do so, but because having them on the front line in combat ****s with the mens minds. The men will try to protect the women, simply out of basic animal instincts. Allowing them to serve makes it more dangerous for every one involved.

I've heard that argue made in my women's history class. No one will know for sure unless it happens, but I think that my first action in seeing a female physically wounded would be to help her out, even if it puts me in danger.

Men are generally the stronger sex. It's a fact. It's the reason, I believe, that women have usually been in subordinate positions for much of history.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Zoot Allures
- Bill Hicks

Oh Zoot

If they can pass the same physical testing as male applicants. Yeah sure.

Until then.....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If that's what they wanna do. It doesn't take too much physical strength to pull a trigger.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Regardless of anything, really. Who cares if the guy covering your ass is gay, female, christian or even a vegetarian?

Well yeah. I just left that all out since he was specifically asking about gender.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I've heard that argue made in my women's history class. No one will know for sure unless it happens, but I think that my first action in seeing a female physically wounded would be to help her out, even if it puts me in danger.

Men are generally the stronger sex. It's a fact. It's the reason, I believe, that women have usually been in subordinate positions for much of history.

To the bolded, the British Army actually tested it, and is the reason women are banned from serving in the front line here. Plus, the italicized proves the point
Quote by daytripper75
Well yeah. I just left that all out since he was specifically asking about gender.

I just wanted to pick at vegetarians in a humerous way.

It sounded a lot funnier in my head >__>
Quote by severed-metal

If someone became a hitman to provide a secure future would that make it okay?
only if they have a male chaperone
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
No, if one was taking as a prisoner of war she would be susceptible to things men would not be, like rape.
Last edited by Weaponized at May 4, 2011,
Weeping, women are considered weak in general, and let's face it, a lot of them are. However, I've met more than my fair share of women who could whoop my ass and surpass my physical limits easily.

But like others are saying, if they can meet the requirements, there should be no mention of the word, "gender", at all.

Quote by darkcheef
He's an edgy anti-government teen on the internet

I understand that, but the amount of disrespect is appalling. Who are we targeting next, firefighters?
I'm okay with anyone being able to join. The more people that join the better, because it pretty much saves me from ever having to serve. If they want to die for oil then I'm fine with it, since it saves me from a potential draft.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Zoot Allures
If someone became a hitman to provide a secure future would that make it okay?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Not all armies are evil and imperialist.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S