So i decided to actually try to learn musical thoery and bought a book... Read it and tried my best to understand it but nothing happened... I've been playing for 10 years and never needed it but when it comes to musical theory, i'm musically retarded... Some help would be nice...
Music theory is learnable, you just have to push yourself.

Check out that MusicTheory.net link in my sig. Go through each lesson, making sure you understand each lesson before moving on. Also, apply what you are learning to really internalize it.

Getting a teacher is highly recommended.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
just the musical theory in itself really... I understand scales and stuff but the keys trouble me...
Yeah, if you didn't understand it with a book, I think a teacher would be great. If you can't afford one or will get one later check out The Crusade from UG columns (I think it was there..) It goes fairly slow and is quite simple.
Quote by El_Lobo_1
So i decided to actually try to learn musical thoery and bought a book... Read it and tried my best to understand it but nothing happened... I've been playing for 10 years and never needed it but when it comes to musical theory, i'm musically retarded... Some help would be nice...

What book??
I feel that you've probably bought this book and thought "Right, this is theory, lets get going." and then you've read it...

If you want to get the best out of a book I'd recommend taking it slow. Usually it 'll be broken down into chapters and each one will build on the previous one. So read the first chapter and then see if you can apply what you've learnt to the instrument you play. So for example:

Chapter 1: Intervals. Once (or even while) reading play some intervals on your instrument; hear how they sound; see how you many ways you can play them etc. etc. Then move onto chapter two and do the same, you might then want to go back to chapter one, with the knowledge from chapter two, and read through\apply it again. Then go through chapter two again. If you feel you've got those chapters, then move on to the next chapter.

Don't be afraid to go back to earlier chapters and remember to take it to your instrument. Get the most out of your book, don't just read it.

Edit: Although a teacher would also be good!!
teacher is not an option lol... I'm broke as hell o.o.... also, myshadow46_2, thanks that sounds like a good idea...
I'm afraid that you're on your own. If you keep at it, and its important to you, you'll get there eventually.

If there's any seriousness about learning, I'd highly reccomend you do what you can to set aside a savings, to get a teacher because if you think about it you're paying a price of some sort, either way:

1. Price for a teacher...personalized instruction.

2. Price for charging ahead and learning it yourself - no guidance, youre in charge for finding the answer to everything, you learn based on different opinions, prone to error, frustration, a simple concept could take 5-10x longer and possibly the sheer slowness of the process could be enough to dissuade you from following through.

Best,

Sean
id say the best thing you can do, aside from getting a teacher is write everything you read in that theory book out in 12 keys, and if possible, play it in 12 keys on your instrument--just keep doing that until you've memorized the concept, then keep going.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
when i taught myself theory it was basically reading the first chapter and doing the exercises and understood it then reading the next chapter until i thought i understood it, then reread the previous chapter/s until i understood how everything in those chapters worked together then read the next chapter and went back over the previous chapters after having understood the new info to see how the new info ties into the old info. i ended up reading a college MT book about 5 times before it was all said and done.