heeyya, ive had my squier p-bass for quite a while, and its a pretty good bass, had it ever since i started playing, but ive been thinking about getting another one...i play alot of punk and rock and stuff, (green day, offspring, billy talent), and ive been deciding if i should get a new one...if anyone has any ideas and would let me know about them i'd appreciate it , also i've been thinking about getting a Ernie Ball music man stingray (the one jon gallant uses in billy talent) any know if that would be a good idea? thanks
Whats your budget? How many strings are you looking for? And are there any other preferences you might have?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
p bass is pretty good for rock punk and the like. I would probably just upgrade the one you have or buy a shiny new fender.

a double humbucker stingray would be pretty sweet too though, but a lot more expensive.
no sir away a papaya war is on
yeah stingrays are really expensive...although really nice

p-bass is great for punk though and a fender would be even better
Quote by '93
yeah stingrays are really expensive...although really nice

p-bass is great for punk though and a fender would be even better

Or get the best of both worlds on a budget and grab an Ibanez ATK300.

They can get that really aggressive trebley P-bass punk sound with the active EQ, and they're also capable of replicating the Stingray tone quite well with the bridge bucker.
@tostitos, im not really looking at an ideal budget just yet, just looking for ideas, and preferably 4 strings, but 5 will do fine aswell, and thanks for the other ideas :]
If you have the money for it, get it. Music Man Stingrays have amazing tone.... Just way out of my price range
Well if you're looking into Stingrays, and are looking to save up enough cash to get one, I'd say take a look at G&L too, most notably the L2000/2500. If you want to save, the Tribute series (G&L's import line) is quite good too, but for a whole lot less.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
When I bought my Fender P, I was between that and a Sterling Ray 34. Both had killer tone, while the Ray 34 was prettier (i love the natural wood and the pickguard is pretty damn sweet) I ran across this used American P with a hardcase for 700 vs. the Ray at 700 without and couldn't pass up the hardcase.

If I could've talked em down to the same price with a hardcase, I would've gone with a Ray 34.
Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy