So...backstory: I go to Beloit College and I'm a music major. One of the things required for seniors to graduate is performing a senior recital. We have this nice chapel with pretty sweet acoustics that used to serve as our music center on campus but recently, we've built a giant practice space out of a building donated to us. It works fine for a practice space, but now they now expect us to use this place to perform our recitals in. Call me crazy but the perks of crappy acoustics, seating not friendly towards the elderly (there are a lot more stair involved), a stupid white board on the back wall, and just an all around suckpit compared to that nice chapel, don't really appeal to me or any of the current and future seniors in the music department. We've tried going to people, like the head of the board, a couple professors, and a couple other people in power but they refuse to let us use the chapel. Petitions have a history of not working at our campus apparently, and we're all left not knowing how to respond and make change so that we can have the choice of where we would like to perform and so that chapel isn't just sitting there not being used.

tl;dr There are mean people in power at college that won't let pick where we want to perform our senior recitals, what should we do?
Music stores give all gear a +50 to Charisma.

Quote by one vision
Why not chromatics? Chromatic harmony was the "new thing" in the romantic era.
Quote by BassFishin
Problem:
Fish isn't meat.
Quote by CodeMonk
Pics or its a DS-1
That's the weird thing, they won't give us one officially. We think it's because the building was donated and they want to make it look like it's getting put to good use so that they continue getting support, which it is getting good use, as a practice space, which is what it was built to be.
Music stores give all gear a +50 to Charisma.

Quote by one vision
Why not chromatics? Chromatic harmony was the "new thing" in the romantic era.
Quote by BassFishin
Problem:
Fish isn't meat.
Quote by CodeMonk
Pics or its a DS-1
play there anyway

and you have to play killing in the name
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Who runs the chapel? If you can get the organization that operates it on your side, the college might reconsider.
Quote by darkcheef
Nothing

You should deal with it and perform where you're told

You are such a boring person.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Disability discrimination or something? If there's no access other than stairs then that's really bad if someone was in a wheelchair for instance.

Edit: or play this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMtjg6Y0T6o
Last edited by Zoot Allures at May 5, 2011,
>Build studio for music program
>Give it crappy acoustic treatment

Wat
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by darkcheef
Thank you

i have to say that with that sarcastic thanks, you have become my new best friend. congrats.
Everyday things change..

Basically they stay the same.