Wasnt sure where to put this but here's my question:

In my bands next show, I'm planning on walking out in the crowd for an extended guitar solo. I have a 20 foot cable, but I'm kinda worried about someone stepping on it or wrapping around someone ankles and then either unplugging me, or not being able to get back to the stage to sing ( I also have lead vocals).

Now, I kind of did this at our last show, But I was using an 8 foot cord and couldnt go very deep into the crowd. They seemed to be stoked on it, though.

I just want it to back fire on me lol

Thanks

-Daniel
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
its kinda sketchy, but if you wrap your cable in your strap 9as you should already be doing) and maybe have one of your bandmates stand on your cable so it can't be ripped out of the amp.
dunno.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Probably be better to invest in wireless stuff, but that's definitely a luxury expense.

If you put the cable through the strap then into the jack on the guitar, that usually does the trick for me. Also, people won't fold in all around you (unless it's a big ass crowd) so I wouldn't worry too much about someone getting twisted up in it. Go for it.

Also, I'm the lead guitarist and vocals too. I feel your pain.
Wireless guitar systems ftw!
AKG do some good products. Seriously- they might be a bit pricey at first glance, but believe me it is WELL worth every penny you pay! Especially for performances like you're planning!
I can't see the venue owners being too happy about the health and safety issues. Go wireless.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
tie it on your strap rather than just wrapping it around, and like the pedestrian said, have someone stand on the other end so it doesnt come out of the amp
My sig? Nice.
I'd love to get a wireless system, but I just bought a subwoofer setup for my car lol so Im kinda broke at the moment. I'll probably do the wrap around the strap thing. Unless I can borrow a wireless from another band that we play with alot.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Quote by the_perdestrian
its kinda sketchy, but if you wrap your cable in your strap 9as you should already be doing) and maybe have one of your bandmates stand on your cable so it can't be ripped out of the amp.
dunno.

this... although I'm not sure why it's sketchy.... but you could substitue the band mate on the cable with something else thats heavy enough to stop it from being pulled out...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
I am always wandering into the crowd towards the end of our sets. Go for it
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."