I'm rebuilding this old Kramer I bought for salvage out of a thrift store dumpster. beautiful guitar. I've done all the aesthetics, but it's missing 2 pots and a switch. I need some help, mostly with advice of what kind of pots I should buy, and where from. it's also missing the piece on the head that holds the high e and b strings down. here's pics.
Attachments:
guitar 2.jpg
Surely you can find the wiring diagrams online if you google the model name?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by tallwhitekid
Kramer I bought for salvage out of a thrift store dumpster.

what do u mean you bought it out of a dumpster lol
Quote by ibanez2011
what do u mean you bought it out of a dumpster lol

It costs pride.

Since it has humbuckers, you want 500K pots. Typically the volume is an audio taper, designated with an A, and the tone pot is a linear taper, which is indicated by a B. If you get the wrong ones the effect is that nothing happens until one end of the rotation, like there is no difference between 1 and 8, so you're always fiddling between 8.5 and 9.2, or between 1.0 and 1.5.

You can pick a variety of switches, depending on what kind of options you want, like splitting the coils or phase or serial/parallel or just something simple like which pickups are active. For a simple setup you only need a treble rhythm switch, the holes you have dont seem to encourage a blade switch, but you might get some use out of a rotary switch (but they are a bit awkward)

The tone pot gets a capacitor, depending on your preference, usually something between 15 and 47 micro farads, with 22 and 33 being commonly available values. The appropriate number depends on your taste and the other ambient capacitance of everything else that you can't find. I think a smaller number will have less effect on the mid range? Get a selection and try them all! Soon you will be smarter than everyone.
Last edited by RebuildIt at May 6, 2011,